Print

Author Topic: Anyone else play Team Fortress?  (Read 41729 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »
I am finally getting Team Fortress 2 for the PC today.

A friend of mine has already unlocked a bunch of stuff without even doing anything and he bought it yesterday. I just wanna get my hands on the backburner.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 07:35:27 PM »
The backburner's not all it's cracked up to be. The BB's definition of "back" covers far less area than the Spy's backstab radius (you have to be pretty much square behind the enemy), and the lack of compression blast means no punting back projectiles/enemies or putting out fires on teammates for you. I was psyched when I earned it, got disappointed, and switched back to the vanilla flamer the next day.
every

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »
The backburner's not all it's cracked up to be. The BB's definition of "back" covers far less area than the Spy's backstab radius

So I've heard. I'll just have to get really lucky or something because the Pyro is my most used character on the 360 and I'm not used to the compression blast.

The 360 version sucks.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2009, 11:56:20 PM »
vanilla flamer
:D

I recently started playing Sniper with the sniper rifle and it's like the fun of first playing with the Huntsman. I've come full Sniper circle.

EDIT: Also more pictures!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:16:48 AM by TEM »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
I need to make my computer work properly, or else I'd play a lot more TF2. Even with it not quite working properly, though, it's managed to be my most-played Orange Box game.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2009, 07:53:58 PM »
Hooray! TF2 is up and running on my computer. Let's see what I can unlock today...

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 08:15:53 PM »

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »
So far, I've only unlocked the Ambassador. It's a nice weapon, but I still want the backburner. I'll start earning achievements for the pyro a little later.

EDIT: I now have the cloak/dagger and the dead ringer. They're just plain sweet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:48:50 AM by PaperLuigi »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »
Dead Ringer is awesome, but not when used by me.

Also WE MUST STOP LITTLE BABY
every

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »
I got the backburner! It's really cool, but the flamethrower is much easier to use. Chances are I'm gonna get killed a lot while training with my new weapon.

On a side note, the flare gun is hilariously helpful.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »
I am a beast with the flare gun but lately I've been going old school and using the shottie.

Also, as a side note: Spamming suggestions for new Sniper unlockables (jars of earwax, jizz, toenails, poop, tears, etc.) is so much fun.

EDIT: Quite an odd series of events here. I hadn't played Spy in ages and thought I might as well, so I got on an Arena server and started getting brutalized. I decided that I should use my Dead Ringer, so on my next "death", my "killer" decided it'd be cool to taunt over my "corpse". I go up behind him, de-cloak, and backstab the mofo. To show my superiority, I taunted over his corpse. However, just before I finished my taunt, a Sniper came up and Kukri'd me to death, and I got a nice shot of the Sniper solemnly removing his hat on my killcam.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:25:44 AM by Glorb »
every

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »
Today I had my first legitimately good game. The Backburner was practically made for my playing style and I managed to dominate a good portion of my opponent's team with it.

The PC version is vastly superior to the crappy 360 version. It is worth every penny I spent on it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:48:03 PM by PaperLuigi »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
PaperLuigi I salute you.

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »
Obviously the PC version is better, but the 360 version is not a "crappy" game. It's just the original pure TF2 with gamepad control. That is by no means a "crappy" game.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
A disagree. A world without bows and arrows, jars of ****, afros, weaponized flare guns, and tribal shields with car batteries duct-taped to them is a pretty crappy one.
every

Print