Print

Author Topic: Another of those terrible newbly threads  (Read 17097 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
I'm going to pull the Lizard Dude maneuver and yell about how I don't need to clarify that something is my opinion when that is obviously what is being stated. 360 has a ton of games in which I have absolutely no interest whatsoever. If there are games I want that are on both systems, I'm going to go with the one that has more of the exclusives I am interested in. 360 has a few exclusive games I am interested in. I didn't whine about that. I'll buy a 360 when I feel like playing those games. But I still won't think it has as much awesome.
That was a joke.

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »
But why is the PS3 even mentioned in this thread in the first place?  If I see "PS3" one more time in this thread after this post I'm going to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2008, 11:26:38 PM »
Because of Lizard Dude, actually.
That was a joke.

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 11:35:09 PM »
I believe the PS3 discussion was legitimate and acceptable for this thread until Chupperson's first post.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:08 AM »
Alright. I'll keep in mind that forums aren't for stating your point of view.
I had actually thought my post could be taken somewhat humorously, but I guess that got lost somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:07:37 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »
This is the best thread I've seen on this board in years.

Just to make sure I don't get accused of simply trolling or fueling the fire, I suggest getting Gears of War to impress all your hardcore gamer friends, and so Cliffy B can continue to believe he is God's gift to gaming.

No seriously, I'd say Fable II would be a good choice, as well as downloading Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD remix, though that's just something I'd get if my brother didn't already download it on the PS3.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:25 AM »
You can state your point of view on the forums, but I thought your comment was pretty uncalled-for and Sony-fanboy of you, which I deem unacceptable in a thread discussing Bird Person's 360 predicament. And I definitely didn't see any humor. But this roast is about Shadowbrian.

Don't get Gears of War to impress your friends. Get it because it rocks.

Actually, don't get it, because if I recall correctly, hardcore shooters aren't really your (Bird Person's) cup of tea.

I'm not sure about Fable II. I haven't played either one, but I heard Fable was better, so if you're interested, try that one first (it's cheaper!).

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is ridiculous. I'm so bad at it. I know that when I get better it'll be way more fun, but right now I don't have time to invest in that, so I haven't played it in a while.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:09 AM »
I would have thought Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Ultra Super Deluxe Boogaloo 20X6 was mainly for Street Fighter II fans, it sounds like a high-definition version of the original.

Surely there are more than enough suggestions for Bird here. Many different responses, maybe confusion on what games Bird is into. If Bird is anywhere near a place where he can rent games, he should try that to make sure he'll like what he chooses.

I'd also recommend Beyond Good & Evil for Xbox (assuming it's compatible with Xbox 360), or looking at other old Xbox games that are compatible with Xbox 360. You've got a good deal of the previous generation you can choose from. I often wish I could dive into PS1 games for my PS2, just to see what I was missing.

Whenever I hear "best thread in years", I think back to the NeoGAF thread where the first commercial was shown for Rayman Raving Rabbids, and people couldn't get enough of the two ridiculous-looking kids in it. Specifically, this picture. They had a field day Photoshopping the pic to heck.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:54:21 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:27 AM »
Oh wow, you took my Gears of War comment at face value.

Honestly though, it shouldn't be that hard to play Street Fighter II by now. The game's been out for 15 years, with multiple rereleases. Most of the characters have very easy specials and combos to pull off, especially compared to later characters and other fighting series. Unless you're playing with the 360's controller, in which case that warrants a "oh u" from everyone.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:54 AM »
Clifford Bleszinski does great work, so your facetious comment is pretty much worth its face value, whether you think so or not.

bobman is furthermore correct that Gears does, in fact, rock and Bird Person would probably not, in fact, like it nor be able to partake in its true purpose: online battling or even co-op.

Continuing, your comments on Street Fighter are stunningly ridiculous and utterly n00bly. It shouldn't be hard to be good at because it's been out for 15 years? Then why aren't we all chess masters with Donkey Kong scores over a million? And even more amazingly foolish than that is your relating of how hard it is to "pull off" moves with performing well at the game. If you are still working at making your character do what you want and not on the actual tactical situations developing in the game, you are below even the lowest level of the actual gameplay. Hard moves are a pointless entry barrier to fighters. Smash Bros. understands perfectly and lets you get to the actual playing much quicker than most games. SSFIITHDR should be commended for simplifying the move commands (yet leaving what the move does the same). Saying it's not hard to play because the moves are easy demonstrates you as what you are, Mr. Wiggles: a fool.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 06:13:53 AM »
360 vs. PS3 is the new PC vs. Mac?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
More like the new PC vs. PC.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »
PC is a pretty innacurate term, really. I mean, that's a "personal computer", right? As in pretty much all computers you can buy at the store, Macs included? (Of course, PC enthusiasts could probably argue the Mac is more of an impersonal computer)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »
While you're technically correct, Apple doesn't even refer to their computers as PCs, and since ancient times, PC has been used to denote DOS/Windows compatibles, which shoot off of the original IBM PC architecture.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 10:47:47 PM »
Well, I know that, but I mean that it's like if a PS3 was called a PS3 but the Xbox 360 had no official name and was just called a GC (game console).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print