Print

Author Topic: Is Nintendo Going Downhill?  (Read 4510 times)

« on: November 21, 2001, 05:39:01 PM »
Well, personally I think Nintendo is going downhill.  I can just tell that not too many people are gonna buy the NGC.  I mean, NES and SNES were there two good systems, and they were for everybody.  Now they just have alot of games for little kids.  They ruined too perfectly good franchises by making Mario queer and sunshiny, and Zelda into some kind of cartoon.  Do not argue.  I think that Mario is the best thing that was ever invented, but Mario "Sunshine"? What were they thinking!

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 03:46:40 PM »
I really hate it when people say Nintendo is getting "kiddie" I totally disagree. But that's my opinion....

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2001, 04:21:14 PM »
Nintendo has always had that "kiddie" image ever since the original Super Mario Bros. game appeared for the NES. There have been other "kiddie" games that Nintendo have made, and they were some of the most popular games ever:

Kirby's Dreamland
Super Mario World
Pokemon

You see my point? Nintendo has always had a reputation for making "childish" games... It's just no one really noticed until Pokemon was made for the Game Boy...

In my opinion, I like the games Nintnedo makes. They have some the most creative minds in the video game industry (aside from Sega).

Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance are just 2 more systems that will (hopefully) lead more gamers to respect the Big-N!

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2001, 11:00:49 AM »
I guess I like "kidie" games then.

Mario sunshine, I bet thats just the japanese name and the graphics rule.

"celda" That actuly looks awsome. when you look at the "in game" shots.

Nintendo is not going down hill.  
Sig...
------------------------------
Small Console = Big Ballz

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2001, 07:33:10 PM »
4 Words....Resident Evil, Perfect Dark.
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2001, 09:39:39 AM »
2 words Metroid Prime.
Sig...

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2001, 11:55:09 AM »
it will take more then those three games to get rid of nintendos "kiddy" image. Its not that i mind a little kiddiness but they went to far with celda.

"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2001, 03:31:55 PM »
nintendo's not going down hill, they made
$100,000,000 in the first day it came so your
kinda wrong...
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2001, 07:19:31 PM »
If Mario is kiddy, then kiddy games are the best games there are! After all, all the games that aren't kiddy are usually just games where you go around and shoot everyone. Very boring sounding.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2001, 03:44:41 PM »
Yeah, I guess whewn i think abou it, I like kiddie games to! I don't really care for those shooting and sports games. Mostly kiddie type games like, Kirby 64, Paper Mario, etc

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2001, 04:07:51 PM »
U guys rule.
Sig...

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2001, 05:08:29 PM »
Mario games are Great. Like Super Mario 64. Witch had 120 stars to find. And Paper Mario. Where there is many hidden things, like badges and Star Pieces.

Although sometimes the graphics can be kiddy, games like these are usally full of puzzles, and hidden things to find. Some of the Stars in Super Mario 64 are very hard to find without a quide book, or help from a friend.

I like the Mario games.

I used to be ZimStar. If anyone knows how to drop my olf acount please tell me. Thanks.

I used to be ZimStar. If anyone knows how to drop my olf acount please tell me. Thanks.

Edited by - MagicKoopa120 on 11/26/2001 3:08:57 PM

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2001, 05:45:18 PM »
Nintendo rules.  They have always made great games.  Then there was Mario.  Mario was my life, I loved Mario, I might be the biggest Mario maniac in the world.  But now Mario Sunshine is coming out.  So what if the graphics rule?  Graphics aren't even a quarter of what makes up a game.  I look for gameplay, and Mario Sunshine seems kind of kiddie, even though Mario has never been bad once.  (I even like Mario Is Missing!) But I'm just stating a point that they can come up with better ideas than a sunshiny game that is..well you know~

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2001, 06:29:11 PM »
ToddBegin!! ArE YoU CrAzY!!
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

Print