Print

Author Topic: Link for GCN is horrible.  (Read 7919 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2002, 08:25:19 AM »
That does sound pretty stupid.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2002, 06:12:53 PM »
WHO CARES??!!! PLAY THE GAME!!! jeez, any body remember when you all were going "man paper mario is so dumb look at the graphics!"
(i read did'nt post that) but now your all saying what a great game it is! the point is your doing the same exact thing you did to paper mario, to zelda. sure the graphics are cartoony, and they run in mid-air and fall (i'll dmit that was kinda "different for a zelda game) the game will be fun as all H3//
 and when i buy it i'll tell you about it.

oh yeah what would you do if they had guy running in midair before falling in mario? (probably nothing...)
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2002, 09:14:01 PM »
I still am not sure it is for gcn and it is..... gcn so it is GCN and....... it must be good if it is for GCN???
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2002, 09:14:04 PM »

Edited by - superdude on 1/20/2002 7:14:54 PM
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2002, 09:41:45 PM »
I am i the only one here who reads the nintendo power's player's pluse?  in one issue it says that hardly anything is realeased in the game and that the snap shots that make link look like a woman were poor shots, its probly still being worked on right now! another thing is that in ssb the graphics were pretty simular to the graphics in their n64 games right? maybe it's probly the same with ssbm! did anyone here think about that? huh?

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2002, 10:21:04 PM »
     Video Games are usally a combonation of GamePlay Graphics and Sound. It is very important to have good graphic and good gameplay. Think of what it would be like if 007 The World is Not Enough had walls that where just solid blue, and if the floors where just solid green. And the villians where just pink shadow siluets. It would ruin the realistic look! But on the outher hand if all you did was run around and shoot eachouther that would ruin the game as well! It's a combination of both to make a good game. There both important. One may be more important than the outher in sertain types of games. But they are BOTH importaint.

(My two favorite worlds in Super Mario Brothers 3 are PipeLand and DarkLand. PipeLand is chalenging. It''s for experinced players. DarkLand is the final world. There is two Tanks, one LavaShip, and one DoomShip to go through before you get to Bowser''s Castle. Them two worlds are the most changing.) (Please join Mario Survivor in the Story Board)

Edited by - MagicKoopa120 on 1/20/2002 8:24:17 PM

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2002, 12:37:49 PM »
But on the other hand, notice how this one, instead of being called "The Legend of Zelda", is simply being called "Zelda". Now, this brings to mind one thing. Since all the Legend of Zelda games are variations on the same occurence, maybe "Zelda" is the actual occurence, what really happens, what all the other games were supposedly based on. Hmm?

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2002, 05:14:27 PM »
I agree i don't really like the graphics too much on the cartoon version, but I don't really care! I'm going to rent it, and buy it if it's good!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2002, 06:38:26 PM »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:27:35 AM by SSJoel3k »
-SSJoel3k

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2002, 08:34:35 AM »
OKAY... I want all of you who are screaming about how graphics are the only thing that makes a game good, to listen to me!

First of all, graphics are simply the way of showing how good a game plays. Just because a game has bad graphics, doesn't mean it sucks... Think back in 1985, when the original Nintendo Entertainment System came out.

Back then, graphics were extremely poor; but ironically, the original Nintendo was the pioneer of good games, it actually had games that were FUN! Key word, games have to be FUN, which is what Nintendo is all about! Sony is about graphics and crappy 3rd-party games; Microsoft is about graphics and crappy games; Nintendo is about FUN!

Even the Nintendo-64 had crappy graphics, yet it had some of the best games ever made (Paper Mario, The Ledgend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye 007, Mario Kart 64, the Mario Party series, etc...)!

So you see, just because a game has low-quality graphics, doens't mean it will be a bad game... All of the other Zelda games (except for the N64 ones) had cartoony graphics, and they were extremely popular and successful!

And who knows... Maybe there will be a new cartoony Zelda game AND a new 3-D Zelda game that will BOTH be FUN!

Or one theory I've thought of is this:

The new GameCube Zelda game will have cartoony graphics only during the years of Link's young life. As soon as Link becomes an adult, the graphics will switch to the 3-D 5-bazillion polyonal graphics...

The main point of all of this is:
Just don't judge a game when it hasn't even been released yet. Many people critisized Paper Mario when it was still in the developement stage, and that game turned out to be one of the most beautiful, and most mesmerizing Mario games I've ever seen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2002, 02:44:42 PM »
Quoth Mario Maniac: Sony is about graphics and crappy 3rd-party games; Microsoft is about graphics and crappy games; Nintendo is about FUN!

Correction: Sony is about graphics and crappy 3rd-party games; Microsoft is about graphics and crappy games; Nintendo is about FUN! (and mediocre 2nd party games)

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2002, 07:26:40 PM »
I feel kinda dumb... but I like the new look. Almost any kind of cartoon is cool, and anime is the best.

Junkian: By George kimo sabies! your smashed up freind soon be like new with ninety day warranty!
Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2002, 07:26:46 PM »
I feel kinda dumb... but I like the new look. Almost any kind of cartoon is cool, and anime is the best.

Junkian: By George kimo sabies! your smashed up freind soon be like new with ninety day warranty!
Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2002, 09:43:16 PM »
I've heard enough about Zelda today.  ENOUGH!

Umm...Deezer...how do you allow Zelda material on a Mario website????

---------
Welcome to Wariokart!!!!  Hey, give me that Blue Shell back, you thief!
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2002, 03:25:00 PM »
does anyone know a website where i can see the pictures?
i can't comment yet since i haven't seen any

____
bah! who needs a signature?

Print