Print

Author Topic: Animal crossing... or Superstar Saga?  (Read 4345 times)

« on: December 23, 2005, 04:25:10 PM »
This is my first thread, so please don't flame if it sucks. Anyway, I'm in sort of a delimma. I think I'm going to get Mario and Luigi: Parnters in Time for Christmas, and I normally only get one game. This, along with Superstar Saga, Animal Crossing: WW, and Tony Hawk American Sk8land, are the four games that I want to get as soon as I can. I heard Superstar Saga was a little better than PiT, so I want to buy and finish that one before playing PiT, but I have a craving for Animal Crossing... Tony Hawk can wait. So, my question for those of you with experience with one or both games is, should I buy Animal Crossing or Superstar Saga first?

By the way, it takes me a long time to save money for a game due to a lack of a job, so whichever game I don't buy I'll have to wait until I get some money before I can buy it.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 05:12:39 PM »
I say get Partners in time because in the DS Anaimal crossing i heard that you had to play 24/7 in order to save your things

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 05:17:07 PM »
If you want a good online game Animal Crossing should do it, but a good single player Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is the coolest.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 07:43:34 PM »
He's asking about SS. I've never played Animal Crossing, but SS is a great game.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
Some of you misunderstand. I'm already going to get PiT. The question is, should i get the prequel, SS, first, or just play PiT and buy Animal Crossing?

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 08:00:35 PM »
I say skip PiT and just get the prequal. SS has the koopalings from SMB3 and PiT has Bowser Jr. that everyone hates.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 08:06:13 PM »
Huh? Bowser Jr. from Super Mario Sunshine which everyone hates or Baby Bowser from Super Mario World 2 that not everyone hates? It'd be weird if Bowser Jr. were in the past...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 08:10:27 PM »
I'm not huge on NES games, even though they're a lot of fun, so whether PiT has Bowser Jr. from Super Mario World 2 or Bowser Jr. from Super Mario Sunshine (i don't have a gamecube, so he doesn't apply, either) doesn't matter. I'm looking for gameplay and game quality.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 09:16:17 PM »
If you have wifi, definately get Animal Crossing and if possible, Tony Hawk. Skip M&L:SS. I've beat it mre than once, it doesn't have much replayability. It's so boring after you beat it once. However, it does take a while to beat, and is a great game, so if you don't have wifi, it is probably a better single player experience.
Animal Crossing Info, Name: Saiyan, Town: Namek, Code: 4123-7863-2363. Mario Kart Code: 317888-357028

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 09:26:23 PM »
M&L:SS is funnier than PiT and you know about those 1337 Hamm3r Broz.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 05:24:08 PM »
Superstar Saga isn't neccessary if you plan on playing Partners in Time. PiT isn't a direct sequal to SS. Animal Crossing is fun as heck but requires a lot of free time to fully enjoy.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 06:15:55 PM »
I would go for Partners in Time but I would go for Animal Crossing for its online play.

MARIO!
Dee to the third power dude

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 07:24:27 PM »
@_@
He's NOT asking about Partners of Time, read his first post and the topic title!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 10:02:59 PM »
Oh good Rebecca, Bird Person is turning into Sapphira!
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »
animal crossing. i dont have the ds version but the gamecube version is addicting
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2005, 03:49:41 PM »
I would say Animal Crossing. I just now got PiT, AC: WW, and I already had SS. Over all, AC is the best. You should wait to get SS.

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 02:00:27 PM »
The point is moot... I got PiT for christmas and I'm going to buy AC with christmas money. SS can wait. So i guess i can close this topic now

Print