Print

Author Topic: Video Game Christmas Album  (Read 2597 times)

« on: December 12, 2011, 01:56:15 AM »
So I've had this idea knocking around in my head for a few years now and just have never gotten around to actually doing anything about it until last year:

A Christmas album of video game music! So many games have wintry levels (some of which are even Christmas themed!) and a lot of times the music is AMAZING. I think this makes for some great festive listening and is a sanity-restoring alternative to hearing Jingle Bell Rock for the 40,000th time.

Last year I put together a 50+ track album, including music from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Sonic, Pokemon and other huge series, along with tracks from smaller games like the NES classic DuckTales and the only game to ever come close to out-Mario Karting Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing.  This year I put together a 14-track expansion (DLC Pack 1: Mario's Mistletoe) including music from classic titles like Mega Man 6 and Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, up through the most recent 3DS blockbusters Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7.  You can listen to samples and download the albums here: http://shigeruslist.com/2011/12/11/a-very-nintendork-christmas-marios-mistleto/

Merry Christmas everybody!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:02:29 PM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »
I've had this same idea, and think it's an awesome one.

I wonder if there's a list of snow music from video games..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:34:05 AM »
Hey, if you want to listen to the video game Christmas album but hate downloading, now you can! http://shigeruslist.com/2011/12/18/quick-update-nintendork-christmas-playlist/
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
Christmas album, you say? Video games, you say?

I can imagine a fan-made Christmas carol album, where you would take Christmas songs and add video game references to the lyrics? (Grandma Got Ran Over By a Yoshi should be a thing.) That being said, that idea is terrible, but a man can dream, right?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:47:19 PM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

Print