Print

Author Topic: The FBM Museum!  (Read 28570 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »
Excellent job!  I like the thought of that Rip-Van-Fish getting a nasty wake-up call, and you put some great detail into the Porcu-puffer!  Also, the splash made by one of those dolphins surfacing looks like a hand reaching out to grab it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »
I love it!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:54 AM »
Wow! You are an amazing artist!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »

Yes, the FBM museum lives...for now. Anyway, this is a drawing I made on iscribble with some help from Kuromatsu. He drew Mario and I drew Luigi. :) The bros. are in a land filled with darkness (world 8 SMB3) and must rescue --you guessed it-- Princess Peach (again) from the likes of --you got it-- Bowser. :D

I have to thank Kuromatsu for letting me know about iscribble. because now I can draw some sketches and stuff fairly well by using a mouse. Also, my old PC died a few months ago so I can't use my scanner, and the PC I'm using right now doesn't even recognize my scanner. So, I won't be able to post drawings made by real pencil and paper, but that's not going slow me down too much. More art is coming soon, don't worry, folks, I've been in a rut. :|
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:48:22 PM by FlamingBlueMario »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 12:01:34 PM »
Good work, both of you.  I really like the way you did the fireballs.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »
Wow that's an old picture.

I have to thank Kuromatsu for letting me know about iscribble.
You're welcome? Although I thought that is what caused you to be in a rut in the first place...

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 08:32:15 PM »
Although I thought that is what caused you to be in a rut in the first place...
I've been in a rut long before being introduced to iscribble (which is a great drawing site.) I'm learning some interesting drawing techniques and other cool stuff. I blame my constant procrastinating and lack of self-control for landing me in this rut, not iscribble. But I'll get out of it eventually. :)
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »
Alright, I haven't added anything new to my "Museum" since...uh...well, it's been a really long time. They are no garuntees, but I'll try to post my artwork here more often. And thanks again, Warp for helping me install a new distro (Ubuntu Netbook Remix) on my netbook. :) My scanner works with this new distribution and so does my new tablet.

This drawing was made from scratch in GIMP. :)

Mario is dressed as Count Dracula, Peach is a witch, and Luigi is a mummy. They're Trick-or-Treating somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't normally draw stuff relating to Halloween, but I figured I would give it a shot this year. I would have finished it sooner if I weren't always tired and busy doing other things. I'm glad that it's finished because, well, it's the 10th of November!

It took nearly 2 weeks to finish this. Well, better late than never, I guess. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:24:46 AM by FlamingBlueMario »

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 09:12:54 PM »
That's pretty amazing, FBM! In particular, the psuedo-3D effect on Mario's face and the rooves of the houses is impressive.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »
Whoa.

That's very impressive.

Also, Peach the giant candy corn has me drooling.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:54 PM »
I'd trick her treat, if you know what I mean.

In all seriousness, good drawing. It's really crisp. Like Bread. I'm a little hungry now.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 12:10:30 AM »
Every time I look at it, my eyes trick me into thinking it's a 3D render for a second or two. Beautiful use of color, great attention to detail --- I especially love that the pumpkin on the right is one of these:

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 08:14:27 AM »
Peach dressed as a witch is like playing electric guitar on a rollercoaster. Or eating ice cream with candy bars. Or riding a motorcycle and paintballing at the same time.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »
I'm back! (Again!) And thanks to everyone for commenting on my previous drawing. So this time, I decided to take a more simplistic approach when I was creating this next drawing. It's more of a cartoonish style featuring the Mario Bros. doing what they do best; plumbing! :D
...Well, that's what they were going to do until a swarm of goombas appeared.

And, of course, Luigi is freaking out after seeing those goombas. But can you blame him? If you were in a dark sewer and something came running towards you, you would freak out too!

It took longer than expected to finish this drawing. I would've had it uploaded days ago, but I kept finding things to tweak. 

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »
Oh man, this is awesome work. You put a lot of effort into it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print