Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Stickers: Collect them all!  (Read 24735 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:09:01 AM »

Today's DOJO!! update detailed a rather peculiar collectible element, simply known as "Stickers", that has been added to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Stickers work much like the trophies from Super Smash Bros. Melee, except there are much easier to collect, with players earning them the instant they start a game. The sizes and characters featured on the sticker will vary, and there is even an extra mode where you can decorate things by putting stickers on them, creating things like a single frame comic. One aspect that wasn't detailed about these was the ability to save screen shots from the game and used them as stickers. This was mentioned with only a teaser sentence, so hopefully we can get information on that in the future.

In the meantime, check out the remaining pictures by clicking the links below!

Links
Stickers get filed away in your album.
Placing a Sticker in your album.
Saving a Sticker.
Various Stickers, set 1
Various Stickers, set 2
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:54:46 AM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 05:54:14 AM »
I wonder if the stickers will appear even if you turn off items. If not, then Bird Person won't be happy.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 05:54:49 AM »
Stickers. One of the best words ever.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:26:48 AM »
So it's art lifted from a bunch of Nintendo games that you can... stick on stuff. I can barely contain my excitement.

Hope this doesn't exclude trophies...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »
No, silly. They already confirmed trophies are still around in the very same update.

Quote from: Super Smash Bros. DOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies.
To me, this doesn't say, "There are more stickers here than trophies in Melee, so that automatically makes them better! No trophies for you, olooololoolololololoooo!" Instead it says "This is a gimmick we threw into Brawl because it requires almost no effort. Have fun with it anyway." Nothing you couldn't do with Internet access and MS Paint...
Edit: Unless a sticker could fall into your eye and force your character to go insane and fall off the edge in agony, stickers can appear in normal brawls and I won't mind (I doubt they would appear in plain multiplayer at all). It's when a bomb suddenly drops from above the ground right where I'm standing as I'm about to launch my final attack and kills me, or when I'm waiting to attack and a fan appears, and I pick it up by mistake and don't attack. Sure, items have even chances of giving me an unfair advantage too, but what if I don't want that possibility?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:36:46 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »
I love the fact that Toad appears in at least two of those pictures. I hate his proximity to the Hammer Bro, though. It's as if they are saying Toad will be an AT. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for Toad being playable..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 06:12:50 PM »
Lol. Delete this post please.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:15:19 PM by Metric »
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
I doubt Toad is going to be playable, I don't think he ever will, I mean ffs, he is one of Peach's moves. He doesn't have any attacks. I hate to kill your hopes, but I don't think he will ever be a fully playable character in Smash.

Combine his moves from SMB2 and Wario's Woods, and you got yourself a playable character! Although I dunno how much fun stacking stuff would be in a fighting game....
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »
Combine his moves from SMB2 and Wario's Woods, and you got yourself a playable character! Although I dunno how much fun stacking stuff would be in a fighting game....
Allright I see someone all ready got to it, I wanted it deleted because I see Toad(The FF poster) apparently already knows all the arguments against toad, as I saw in another board. But, I don't think that is enough attacks still. sure, you can probably give him 4 Physical attacks, and a grab, but there is onthign you can do about special attacks. Peach already took all the Mario Sports game moves. I can not think of four or five specials moves. I'd love to see toad as a playable character, but unfortunately I have an incredible feeling that it won't happen ever, and even more not so for Brawl.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 06:48:04 PM »

That could be an idea for his Final Smash: the arena turns into a Wario's Woods like setting, and those alien things and bombs fall from the sky blocking in all the other players so they can't move. Then, the giant Thwomp at the top of the screen comes down as the arena fades back to normal, crushing everything in it's path.

As for other Smash attacks, his Smash A move could be like Peach's in that it switches between 3 items: tennis racket, Anchor, Warp Whistle.

Toad's weight would be somewhere between Kirby and Pikachu: He wouldn't be so light that the slightest little hit would send him flying, but he wouldn't be so heavy that he could stand alongside DK and Bowser, either.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 10:48:39 PM »
sure, you can probably give him 4 Physical attacks, and a grab, but there is onthign you can do about special attacks. Peach already took all the Mario Sports game moves. I can not think of four or five specials moves. I'd love to see toad as a playable character, but unfortunately I have an incredible feeling that it won't happen ever, and even more not so for Brawl.
Dude, you're saying people like Captain Falcon and the freakin' Ice Climbers had a panoply of great moves to use in Smash Bros.? No, they just pick cool people and make up cool moves.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 11:18:45 PM »
Toad's weight would be somewhere between Kirby and Pikachu: He wouldn't be so light that the slightest little hit would send him flying, but he wouldn't be so heavy that he could stand alongside DK and Bowser, either.
I am positive Toad is bigger than a Pikachu, maybe three times as much.
He could spread toxic spores from his shroomy head.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:25:32 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 11:26:01 PM »
Or perhaps Toad will spend another SSB game inside Peach's dress.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 11:32:39 PM »
While that's hilarious and all, if you play and pause long enough and enough times, respectively, you will catch Peach making Toad materialize behind her back.
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 02:13:49 AM »
Dude, you're saying people like Captain Falcon and the freakin' Ice Climbers had a panoply of great moves to use in Smash Bros.? No, they just pick cool people and make up cool moves.

What do you mean "make up moves"? Falcon PUNCH is totally a move I use in F-Zero! It's what I do to my TV when I lose as the Blue Falcon. FALCON...PUNCH!

Print