Print

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Fungi Forums  (Read 170419 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 11:06:58 PM »
 *Luigi Simpson thinks it's cool that we can use more text colors without knowing much HTML*
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 09:51:10 PM by Luigi Simpson »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 11:08:51 PM »
 Well, most places take a "Don't call us, we'll call you." perspective.

Rightfully so, since I know I'd find it tedious for members to constantly be requesting a position as Moderator. Make quality posts and prove yourself trustworthy, and I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 11:09:30 PM »
Well, I've never actually asked to become one in public, but I have said it'd be nice in a few PMs and stuff.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 11:10:41 PM »
 I think you're missing the point.

But that's enough of this. We've taken this much too far offtopic.

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »
Make quality posts and prove yourself trustworthy, and I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

They know I wouldn't screw up the board. I've protected it in some cases with my extra "power". They just don't like my personality.

I've gonna eat this cookie myself if nobody takes a guess.  >:(

But that's enough of this. We've taken this much too far offtopic.

This is on topic. We're discussing about staff positions in the new board.

If you really want to get off-topic.....

* CashCrazed notes that Sapphira's never gonna get a man if she never flirts
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 11:17:43 PM by CashCrazed »
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »
I've been barking up that tree for awhile. Never worked. Maybe that's just because half the staff hates my guts, though.

Maybe that's because it's a "don't call us; we'll call you" policy? Hinting around, as opposed directly asking, is equally annoying, and it sure isn't going to get you anywhere. Ever think the REASON "half the staff hates you" is BECAUSE you're annoying like that? Not the other way around?

(Note: I typed this BEFORE Black Mage mentioned the "don't call us" thing, but it fits in with what I'm saying.)
Anyway, Cash, it's not that you wouldn't "mess it up," it's that you seem so power-hungry and determined for it, and getting it the "good way" or "bad way" doesn't matter to you, as long as you have it.

And the cookie thing, I'd guess ME.

Edit:
* Sapphira says, "How would YOU know?" and who said she WANTED one?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 11:21:56 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 11:20:19 PM »
Oh, I already know why they hate me. Saying why will just make me sound like a broken record, so...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 11:48:54 PM »
I'm just going to be removing that lovely post of yours there, Cash. Consider yourself being SEVERELY WARNED for a BAN.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 11:50:19 PM »
~Whoa, re-editing a DEEZER edit. You are SO busted. ~Sapph
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:02:30 AM by Sapphira »
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 12:03:04 AM »
Hi guys, it's-a me, Bird Person... My password email is taking too long. Let me just say, I'm crying right now... What happened? I miss the old, simple stuff. I don't understand any of this. Maybe I'll get used to this after a while, but the complicated stuff is the reason I never joined any other forums. I'd say that the note for the last poster is the best improvement, but all the new icons... X( I'm not using any of these animated yellow things. What's next... Avatars? XP
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 12:09:15 AM »
Bird Person became Goomba Food? That's not a really pretty sight. But dang it, we got avatars. Avatars! You know, having little pictures under you're username? And I know exactly which picture Aarom will choose and which I will choose *Looks over to Rebecca the Hotness gallery*

Or maybe *Googles up Minamoshipping*

Wait if only Mods and Admins can have Custom Titles does that mean TEM's a Mod now? I spotted him with a Custom Title some time ago.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 12:11:59 AM »
Password email? Uhh...it should be the same password you had before, on the old FF.
And really, it's not all that complex. Here's an easier way to remember icons: green ones have new posts, red ones have old posts, and purple ones are closed topics. The yellow ones are just important announcements that don't need responses; closed stickies. Other than the yellow ones, it's the same topic icon color scheme as before.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2005, 12:15:05 AM »
Being a mod or admin.

Just so you guys know, this isn't entirely true, but people will only get them if they are given to them by mods/admins.  Don't ask for one unless you want one like CashCrazed's.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 12:18:45 AM »
I tried using my old password, with the capitalization and everything!!! Help meee! I'll keep trying.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2005, 12:21:25 AM »
Try doing it twice. I had that problem too, but after I retyped it when it said it was wrong, it logged me in. Dunno why it's been doing that for people.

Print