Print

Author Topic: Wallpapers you have used  (Read 259432 times)

« on: March 20, 2005, 03:52:59 PM »
I'm very interested in knowing what kind of wallpapers you guys used, so I thought I'd show mine.

Let's go!

When I first got this computer, I was a real InuYasha fanatic, so I thought, why the heck not? It's my computer.

After awhile, I got a little tired of my first wallpaper, so I downloaded the one Adult Swim made. It was "hot pink yeah yeah"!

And, getting tired of the 2nd one, I downloaded this piece of eye-candy.

Interesting to note, that was my last wallpaper before I completely upgraded the Operating System.

I upgraded the OS, and once again let InuYasha and Kagome grace my computer's background.

After I heard Pikmin 2 was about to come out, I was over excited and put this Desktop up. I also had a counting widget thing that hit 0 the day it came out.

#6*

Do As Infinity is my favorite J-Rock band, so I put this one up for awhile.

Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game of all time, and I was currently playing it when I had this up.

I love ZIM. And my computer.

This was the last wallpaper I used in Jaguar. I thought it made my desktop look bigger.

After awhile with #9, I cycled through all 9 pictures every 60 seconds (the computer did it automatically :P) until upgrading from Jaguar to Panther.

I was into Meteos when I put this wallpaper up. It was also my first wallpaper since I upgraded to Panther. It was also my last, as I upgraded to Tiger after only 4 weeks of using Panther.

Stop 'n' Swop. First Tiger wallpaper, too.

New year, new wallpaper, this time, of a game I got for Christmas.

Sapphira once used this paper. I really liked it.

Taken at an aquarium blah blah blah you guys saw it a buncha times.

It made me laugh. And I was overdue for a new one.

Communism lol

'nother Majora's Mask wallpaper. Hey, it's a good game.

Treble clef and eighth notes. I be a band geek.

Mario discusses his dreams with Luigi.

Those aren't hams.

#21**

My friend Ray, always upbeat and in a good mood. No link to it.

#22***

Yay tanukis! Yay Pom Poko! Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki ftw.

Again, after this wallpaper, I could not find another suitable wallpaper, so I had my computer cycle through the previous ones, this time every 5 minutes instead of 1.

I do like Sonic the Hedgehog. He's pretty awesome. Especially when he's voiced by Steve Urkel.

Yay Goof Troop!

#25***

Pom Poko again, this time, it's winter.

#26**

Two friends playing in a hot spring.

#27**

Um....

And, my current wallpaper:
#28**

Picking cherries with the best friend....Who isn't wearing pants.

*I had no picture of this wallpaper when it was my current wallpaper, so I took it later on, and tried to make it look like it was taken at that time. That Graphite apple in the upper left hand corner is supposed to be Aqua, but turned Graphite, which, at the time, was the current color scheme.

**I don't link to these wallpapers for various reasons you don't really need to hear. They're up in my Photobucket gallery though, if you'd like to see them.

***Thanks to a clever idea of MaxVance's, I made a "G" version of this, by moving my "One time...." folder over a part of the wallpaper people such as Mr. Melee or Sapphira would find "nsfw". An "uncensored" version is in my album as well.

Now, show me all of the ones you guys used.
NOTE: If you ever want to use one of the wallpapers I've used, just e-mail me and I can send you it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:05:47 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 04:00:11 PM »
I share my computer with someone else, so my computer has a boring sunset on it. My old one had a SSBM-style Mario on it.

"We roll tonight, to the guitar bite, and for those about to rock... I salute you."-AC/DC
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 07:50:57 PM »
This one has been mine for a couple months now.

Pikmin 2 cuteness

Edited by - Deezer on 3/20/2005 5:51:49 PM

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 08:15:17 PM »
I use my desktop and have tons of icons, so anything busy won't work as a background image (like that Pikmin 2 picture). For the longest time I used Windows XP's Crystal, but now use Beauty.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 09:29:44 PM »
My desktop has lots of folders and icons, but no eye candy.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 09:53:52 PM »
I change my wallpaper to whatever internet image tickles my fancy, here's one that I return to every once in a while.

Evil

Time slowed and Reality bent.

But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TEM on 3/21/2005 4:48:25 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 09:58:39 PM »
I don't really use things that are meant to be wallpapers.  When I go to Elfwood, I might take a picture I really like from there, or if I want a dragon as the background, I'll just search for a cool looking pic on the internet.  Right now my background is a picture I found of what appear to be summer branches of possibly maple or sweetgum trees, high at the top of the canopy, the green leaves fillingup practically the whole sky.  The sunlight filters through them like a green, natural stained glass window.  Light shining through trees is one of the few things in the world that just makes me happy.

Actually, I'm changing it right now.  I just look for another "magical nature" picture that makes me think of a story to go along with it.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

Edited by - Markio on 3/20/2005 8:08:39 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 04:33:22 AM »
I like to use good photographs of interesting or amazing things on my desktop. Since I also prefer to see different pictures each time I use my computer, my wallpaper cycles through 206 different pictures (and one Homestar wallpaper), once each time I wake it. My desktop is an embarrassment of clutter at the moment, so I'll just show you the picture that's currently underneath all the mess:

Rhoneglacier, Switzerland

A few of the 206 photos are ones that I've taken. For example:

The Museum of Glass, Tacoma, WA

If anyone knows a good place to go for more great photos, let me know! I add to my collection whenever I can. ;)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 08:20:31 AM »
Here's one I used for a while: http://kazer.club.fr/web1/Dragons.jpg'>Uh, click.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 12:36:15 PM »
This has been my desktop for a while now...

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 3/21/2005 10:36:54 AM

Go Moon!

TEM

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 05:09:55 PM »
At first glance I thought the things on the horizon were some Piantas, Luigi, and then shrubs.

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:59 PM »
I don't even keep track with them at all.  Recently, I've had some ripped from The Ren & Stimpy Show, one from the Beastie Boys "Sure Shot" video, and one from Björk's "Human Behavior" video.  Until yesterday, I had the album cover for De Stijl by The White Stripes.  Now, mine looks like Luigison's, only with 5 icons.  Can't provide screen caps, it's on my other computer.

"I care"

~Luke Skywalker

Edited by - Eclipsed Moon on 3/21/2005 3:38:51 PM

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 06:18:42 PM »
on your first post TEM, i have a question:
Who really says "Tickle my fancy???"

but anyway, cool wallpapers guys

"We roll tonight, to the guitar bite, and for those about to rock... I salute you."-AC/DC
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 06:28:48 PM »
Wow, wallpaper, my favorite thing in the world to discuss. NOT. How does anybody in the world actually think that wallpaper is important in your life. Whats so good about it anyways. Just starring at pictures usally in in everybodys daily life schedule. Cmon guys get a life and talk about important things, not wallpaper.

As i said before...
Bizzaned -Deezer

TEM

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 06:42:05 PM »
I don't remember asking anyone to tickle my fancy.

Print