Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 99412 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »
I left a comment on the video (username: melisluv06) explaining that it reminded me of Whomp's Fortress and something else.... don't remember.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »
Whatever it is, it fascinates me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
I was pretty disappointed  with Super Mario Galaxy 1. So this one is not looking too promising.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2009, 01:01:47 AM »
I was pretty disappointed  with Super Mario Galaxy 1. So this one is not looking too promising.
Pretty sure you're the only person in the world who felt that way.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 10:21:58 AM »
On the other end of the spectrum, I very much enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »
And I'm disappointed with you.
Not saying your opinion is wrong, but what about it wasn't good enough for you?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »

Okay, I know it's been quoted... but seriously, explain yourself.

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2009, 04:31:37 PM »
DeftFunk, your license to express your opinion is revoked. Only so much blatant herecy can be tolerated, you know.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »
I don't know what DeftFunk didn't like about SMG, but as I'm sure you all know, the only thing about it that disappointed me was the casualfication. Music, graphics, style, bosses... everything else was great.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »
I strongly doubt any casual gamer could ever tolerate Luigi's Purple Coins.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »
Oh, it's not that the levels themselves were inherently easy (granted, compared to previous Mario games, they sort of were), but that there were way too many opportunities for 1UPs. Also, Star Bits could be used to help take out most enemies without much effort... But I've already laid out my theoretical plan for a retroactively more difficult SMG elsewhere.

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »
The levels were fun to explore, something that all Mario games have had. Who hasn't gone back and explored a level until you knew it like the back of your hand?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2009, 09:09:50 PM »
Well, the SMG levels were very linear compared to SM64 and SMS. Still, I must confess, I think it's the only Mario game--nay, perhaps the only game--where I've gone back and replayed levels, just for fun.

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 12:42:52 AM »
casualfication.

Oh man I hate that word so much.

It implies Nintendo actually targetted the "hardcore" audeince prior to the success of the Wii/DS, or that easier/non games didn't exist before.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:15 AM »
Same here, Shadowbrain. I replay levels that are epic or have a particular song I like.

Print