Print

Author Topic: Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon?  (Read 56354 times)

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »
I don't know if a movie directly based on Paper Mario would work, but a plot structure where Mario has to collect X amount of trinkets/visit X amount of specific locations before fighting Bowser at the end is typical enough of a Mario plot for them to base a movie on it. Since a kids film is typically an hour and a half long, I'd scale it down to three McGuffins, one for each act. There can also a be a B plot similar to the first two Paper Marios where Peach tries to escape/finds a way to send information to Mario from afar.

That's part of what my work does with the map story and the Dry Bones B-plot, but Miyamoto warns us that if you get too close in terms of plot structure to the source video game, your movie becomes "a movie about a video game," or, to put it another way, it becomes a 90-120-minute game advertisement without any substance to chew on.  Using game theory works for films not based on pre-existing games like Run Lola Run and Crank, but when people see a movie based on a pre-existing game, they might get bored watching something they could just as easily play at home.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:59:04 PM by TheColonelKR »
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
So like The Wizard?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:20:02 PM by Hello:) »
Good sir

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »
I believe it would be much easier to translate an RPG more than any other kind of game into a film.
How about fighting? Or crime fiction board game? Stealth, maybe...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
* Toad waits for Mouse Trap: the Movie.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
^ That was at least entertaining to watch.

* Toad waits for Mouse Trap: the Movie.

I'm pretty sure Universal actually did buy the rights to Mouse Trap along with a bunch of other stuff.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »
THAHT SAWNOFFABEETCH BISON
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
So like The Wizard?

What's that about?
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »
A movie that's an ad for the power glove and SMB3.
Good sir

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »
It's so bad
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »
What's that about?

Wikipedia article

Also, Hello:) was being sarcastic.

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
Wikipedia article

Also, Hello:) was being sarcastic.

I knew he was being sarcastic.  You really need to stop talking down to me like that.  It seems not even being banned can make you a nicer person.

Let me make it clear: I do NOT have a "crippling inability to detect sarcasm (those were your exact words)."  I have no way of telling whether people on the Internet are being sarcastic because I CAN'T HEAR THEIR VOICES!!!

Also, sending me links to things instead of talking directly to me about them goes to show how lazy you are.  Come on!  I'm just trying to start a nice conversation!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:47:01 PM by TheColonelKR »

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »
Jeez, man. How could he know that you knowed? He wasn't talking down on you. And since when was Chef banned?
Good sir

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »
Colonel, there's no need to get so upset and defensive. I detect no hostility from The Chef. I ask the same of you. I would hope that you had learned that by now. He's not out to get you, and I suggest you not be out to get him.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »
Colonel, there's no need to get so upset and defensive. I detect no hostility from The Chef. I ask the same of you. I would hope that you had learned that by now. He's not out to get you, and I suggest you not be out to get him.

I'm not trying to get him or anything.  It's that, no matter where I go, he's determined to advertise my mistakes as he just did in his last post.  My history with him shows that he has some abnormal fixation with me.

And then again, my being fixated with trying to stop his fixation seems ironic.

Print