Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260637 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5775 on: December 30, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
This!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc0mG5omTo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc0mG5omTo</a>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5776 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:23 PM »
I know this is the second time I've posted about my weight here, but the last time was back in August and I just felt good feels, man.

Saw a pic of myself on facebook from Christmas 2011, and I decided to make a kind of before/after image.
On the left is the Christmas photo (213 lbs.) and the right [168 lbs. (yay!)] is a photo i just took.

« Reply #5777 on: January 03, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
I know this is the second time I've posted about my weight here, but the last time was back in August and I just felt good feels, man.

Saw a pic of myself on facebook from Christmas 2011, and I decided to make a kind of before/after image.
On the left is the Christmas photo (213 lbs.) and the right [168 lbs. (yay!)] is a photo i just took.

Congrats, man!
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

« Reply #5778 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »
Dude, congratulations.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5779 on: January 04, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »
Speaking as someone with a health-related impetus to drop some weight, would you say there is a single biggest factor or a couple of notable factors in being able to do that?

Other than the obvious "grit your teeth, watch your diet, and do cardio"?

Not to sound like I'm looking for a magic bullet, but what I do mean to ask is "any tips"?

Also, congrats!  It's pretty impressive in any case.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5780 on: January 04, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »
Protip: 
  • Set yourself a goal, but don't share it until you have accomplished it. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5781 on: January 04, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »
>Implying those photos aren't after-and-before
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5782 on: January 05, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
Quote from: Turtlekid1
Speaking as someone with a health-related impetus to drop some weight, would you say there is a single biggest factor or a couple of notable factors in being able to do that?

Probably the biggest thing for me was to stop eating so much. I overate a lot, or rather ate until I felt full. Don't do that.  I eat more high fat, low carb, low sugar food on days I don't exercise, and high carb food when I do. I don't eat potatoes, pasta, or drink soda (though I didn't really drink any in the first place), but I'm no expert on this stuff and what worked for me may not work as well for you, although could maybe work very well for you.

I started working out in June, and by working out I mean all I really did was doing ~300 situps everyday. When I started i could only do 60 at a time, but i added 20 per day most days. But I found a combination of exercises (squats, planks) to work much better than that, which is pretty much what I do now.

This could all be terrible non-advice, but I don't know and that's about as much as I can tell you, Turtlekid.
Also thanks guys :D

tl;dr do squats & no potatoes, pasta, or soda
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:19:15 PM by Ninjap00 »

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #5783 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »
TheColonelKR is finally banned!
Good sir

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5784 on: January 06, 2013, 12:38:23 AM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5785 on: January 06, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
Normally I'd criticize you for celebrating the banning of another member, but TheColonelKR was beyond annoying.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5786 on: January 06, 2013, 02:28:57 AM »
XD

He had it coming. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing this, but...
When I have to PM him a temp ban warning saying I (and everyone else) is sick of his behavior, and before I do Deezer says, "Include me in that," you know it's bad.  A couple weeks ago he got a discreet temp ban as a warning to get his act together. He clearly didn't learn anything. So yeah, it was only a matter of time.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5787 on: January 06, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »
In all fairness, he's really a smarter version of Antihack.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5788 on: January 06, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »

I can see the average font size getting smaller already.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5789 on: January 06, 2013, 10:21:21 AM »
[img]

I can see the average font size getting smaller already.
I'll help. fydfjfjdcgiggihgpuxicphicfggcuftfhhggvgcvjvhfthhhhjh
Edit: inb4 HOPE about ColonelKR's ban
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:25:09 AM by Ym9iYnlzcTEzMzc equalsign »
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print