Print

Author Topic: Make us our new link banner and win a Gmail invite!  (Read 55429 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2004, 09:39:02 AM »
Gmail is Google's email service.  https://gmail.google.com/
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2004, 09:43:18 AM »
Ha! I saw my tagline not making sense coming! What I intend to do about it, I don't know...

Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call
Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2004, 10:50:01 AM »
Simple.  Stop making up taglines yourself.

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2004, 12:53:25 PM »
like when your running a buisness... just use OTHER PEOPLE's MONEY... Duh!!

« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2004, 08:27:39 PM »
Waaa! I think you should limet it to sighted users only. Anyone atempting to use accessibility ades is not elegible.
[Banned]

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2004, 03:52:39 AM »
I have the best idea for one...oh it'll look great...
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2004, 04:34:24 AM »
My old server died, here were mine again.

Edited by - XanderX on 11/5/2004 2:35:04 AM

Trust the Fungus

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2004, 04:12:39 PM »
Ooh, I got an idea!  How about a banner that has not only a few Mario characters and stuff but also several of the caricatures of Deezer and co.?  Ha ha, that would look so rediculous!

Now, to be serious for once, what if there was a banner with a background of mushrooms or blocks or something and surrounding the words "The Mushroom Kingdom" were a bunch of Marios with different powers such as Raccoon Mario, Fire Mario, Caped Mario, Winged-Cap Mario, and so on.  I dunno, it's just a thought.

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/25/2004 7:47:06 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2004, 05:30:50 PM »
Critiques part IV:

InfinitysEnd: Your work is really nice.  However, either fix the T, or we just can't use it.
TMKbannershroomtext.png: Glad you tried out my idea.  It works, but not as well as the ones you did after that...
TMKbannercoinlogo.png: Love the golden text
TMKbannerpeachwtag.png: It would look better if the "The" wasn't italicized.
TMKbannerpeach.png: It's better with the tagline.
TMKbannershroom2.png: The problem here is not the coin and mushroom itself, but the type of coin and mushroom used.  If you did it like aD-aX, it could work.
TMKbannerani.gif: Very nice looking, except the T of course.
TMKbanneranitag1.gif / TMKbanneranitag2.gif / TMKbanneranitag3.gif / TMKbanneranitag4.gif:  Hmm I bet we could come up with something wittier than that for the tagline, but they do look nice.

Suffix: Looking good.  I'm just going to list some possible alterations to make things more interesting.
tmkbanner-i1c.jpg: What if the main text was Super Mushroom themed? (add white dots)
tmkbanner-i2c.jpg: How about outlining the main text somehow?

Super-Dino-Yoshi:
TMKbanner19.jpg: The light gradient is weird on the left side.
TMKbanner20.jpg: Too dim and poor URL font
TMKbanner-dud.jpg: Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on here...
TMKbanner21.gif / TMKbanner22.gif: You forgot the .net and perhaps a tagline along the ground level (one of ours).
TMKbanner23.jpg: No, the M in that case is okay, but yes, lose the tagline.
TMKbanner24.jpg: And by lose the tagline I mean use ours or one that describes the site better rather than just having clouds.

¥tterbiJúm: Poorly pasted text and simple sprites won't cut it.

XanderX: Wow, somebody's just jumped to the top of the pack!
tmk_banner_468x60.png: Very nice.
tmk_banner_468x60_v2.png: Nope, don't like the tagline colors or tagline itself.
tmk_banner_468x60_v3.png: This could work, but it's spelled "definitive"  You might be able to lighten the blue a bit to make it more readable.
tmk_banner_468x60_v4.png: Don't like the tagline.

Brian S. (GMail): Yes, that's waaaaaaaaaaay too cluttered and wholly unreadable.

Typhlosion (GMail): Sorta funny, but what's with the negative image parts of the main text?  Again, sprites-only won't cut it.

Shadic (GMail): It's okay, but just that, okay.  The text seems stretched or antialiased strangely.

HOT TIP: It's okay to "steal" others' ideas that we like.  If you do, you and the person with the original idea will both "win" the contest.

Things we like:
3D text that really stands out
Tagline inclusion
Original or creative use of art

Things we don't like:
Only sprites
Nonsensical taglines
Aliasing
Poor pasting/layout jobs
Poor font use

Remember, the banner should compel people who haven't heard of the site before to visit.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 11/5/2004 11:57:58 PM

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2004, 06:58:46 PM »
Yes, let's make attractive banners that people will be curious about.  Do the exact opposite of GameSpy and Classic Gaming and you'll be on the right track!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2004, 08:33:20 PM »
alright... exact opposite of game spy... think thnik think... use other people's taglines.... hmm.....

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2004, 09:00:09 PM »
Here is a test... dont freak b/c it stinks... I'm just playing around and seeing what i can do with the lettering...

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2004, 09:01:01 PM »
oh yes... feedback on what I should use and not use would be really nice...

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2004, 12:08:49 AM »
Megabyte: Thanks for the comments, but I like I said before, I'm not going to change it, I've worked on 'em enough.  XanderX's are better than mine anyway, so just use his.  I can live without the GMail account anyway.  It was fun to make 'em, though!  Good Photoshop practice for me.  That's all, folks!

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2004, 12:15:30 AM »
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  SDY, that is good, that is really good!  The only way it could get any better is if Luigi was sticking his tongue out at him.  No, never mind it's good enough.  IE, don't give up!  You can do it, man (and I can't because I don't know how)!

Print