Print

Author Topic: Make us our new link banner and win a Gmail invite!  (Read 55379 times)

« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2004, 10:27:30 PM »
Awesome.  If you update it on the main page, a small link/credit to http://ndex.simgames.net/ would be awesome.  Thanks. As mentioned, I already have gmail.
Trust the Fungus

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2004, 06:53:04 PM »
Here are a few new ones I made, but I dought they are any competion... I kinda liked the word style to that one Xander made, so I tryed to mimic it to some extent.

Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2004, 09:24:32 PM »
I don't really understand the purpose of the swirly stuff on the text in the last one... But then, in my first edition of I2, there was some green swirly stuff in the background that I eventually got rid of. You can see the relative finals on page 6.

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2004, 03:04:33 PM »
I was jsut playing around with the text. I saw that look and I thought to my self... self it looks good enough to wast some more memory of my limited memory on the next b/c thats a great excuse to say that I can't get content up b/c of a lack o memory.

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2004, 03:23:55 PM »
Jeez... My 30th Banner... I got to get out more...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2004, 11:00:44 PM »
Well, if you can't find a banner you really enjoy, you should invest more time in perfecting the best. That's what I did. In fact, I1 and I2 had about 5 stages of development.

« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2004, 11:11:12 AM »
Sliding into first banner took roughly 6 stages, I think only 3 were actully shown in these posts. This banner has so far gone through 2.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2004, 11:44:33 AM »
What?!? Perhaps you just can't find a style you like then. But that's kind of scary. I suppose making many banners could increase your chances of success...

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2004, 04:03:57 PM »
Welll... I put a ton of effort into the sliding into first banner, mainly b/c lizard dude said it would have been his favorite if the text had been better. So then I changed the text, and tried a couple different ways of positioning the subtitle and the nain text. I then added stripes on the text, but then realized that it would look better with stripes in the bg. I was working on some different text styles, but that was when everyone started saying it wasn't very good... SO I started over.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2004, 05:33:58 PM »
I see. Sometimes the renders/pictures used in banners need to be more universal... Personally, I liked the "Sliding into First" banner. It was a clever use of tagline and picture.

Edited by - Suffix on 12/4/2004 3:51:50 PM

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2004, 05:29:26 PM »
*pokes Deezer*

Is there ever going to be a winner?
(Many banners were emailed, also, so not all submissions are seen here.)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2004, 06:00:11 PM »
*pokes Deezer*

OMG, he's dead!

Edited by - Markio on 12/5/2004 4:00:43 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2004, 08:00:20 PM »
The stress to find the best one crushed him!

I changed my signature today. No more irritating lines.

"Chocolate milk is the best thing to ever happen to the dairy industry."
- Ian "Suffix"

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2004, 10:36:19 PM »
XanderX won, if you couldn't tell.  The banner hasn't been posted yet because we need to add a tagline.

« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2004, 02:38:56 PM »
SSMB Anouncer: "This game's Winner is... XanderX!"
Congrats, man.

Edited by - SuperSonic_Yoshi on 12/7/2004 12:40:12 PM

Print