Print

Author Topic: Make us our new link banner and win a Gmail invite!  (Read 54928 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2004, 10:54:02 AM »
I really like this one...

but I have some suggestions:

At first glance I read "he Mushroom Kingdom"... Try a gold "T" to start it off, lengthen the platform that has "dom" just a little, and move the URL to the bottom. I like the NES font.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2004, 08:36:13 PM »
Super-Dino-Yoshi, the background is a fair idea, but it's not too well put together. It just doesn't really blend.

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2004, 12:07:52 AM »
I noticed if I changed the letters from "gold" to peach, they blend in with the stalks better.  So, I don't think it will be hard to register that I'm using the first platform as a T.  I'm sticking with this idea, because I think it's a good one, and it's what made me start making these banners!  Anyway, do you think changing the O's to coins and a shroom is a little much?  And I also can't move the URL to the bottom b/c it gets partially covered up and blends in with the stalks.  I could change the color of the URL, but I think white is pretty appropriate.  I gave it a little more room to "breathe" though.

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2004, 09:23:09 AM »
were you talking about the Luigi's Mansion or the one I wanted to know if it was worth working on?

Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

Rori Shangrula, Heaven on earth, utopia, is it hidden miles away, or is it tucked behind your shoe closet... You make the call

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2004, 09:25:43 AM »
InfinitysEnd, Personally I like the idea for the letter T, but I don't think that the coins and mushrooms really work. I may be wrong, but that is just what I think. I personally like the peach more than the gold as well. I also think you got the G-mail account in the bag...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2004, 05:41:59 PM »
Yeah, sprites or items make better bullets than letters. In addition, I think the "T" would be less confusing if it was closer to the size of an actual letter. Anyhow, does anyone have any comments on my latest banners (bottom of page six)?

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2004, 06:48:46 PM »
InfinitysEnd: The reason I liked the gold so much was because it reminded me of gold coins atop the platforms in SMB. I don't like the Mushroom and Coins substituting letters in that banner.

Suffix: I like the thumbs-up Mario version better. Don't anti-alias the sprite, and maybe there is too much red.

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2004, 09:21:47 PM »
Ok guys, for your pleasure, I brought back the gold lettering and even animated it!  How's that for BLING BLING!?
all that and only 28K!  (that's kilobytes, not karats ;))

Edited by - Infinitysend on 10/24/2004 8:26:18 PM

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2004, 01:50:10 AM »
Sooooooo many nice banners...
I wish I had the time to make one myself, but just for fun...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2004, 04:41:57 PM »
I really like that, InfinitysEnd.

Just for the heck of it, I made one:

EDIT: Crappo HTML thing...

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Edited by - ¥tterbiJúm on 10/25/2004 3:43:42 PM

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2004, 02:16:27 AM »
Here's my entry:

Edited by - XanderX on 10/26/2004 1:19:25 AM

Trust the Fungus

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2004, 10:54:14 AM »
That looks terrific!  I like all the mushrooms in the background and the night sky, and all the colors blend together pretty well.  But... was that meant to be a copy of InfinitysEnd's banner? (that sounded weird)

I think that we should ask the good, kind (insane) folks at Nintendorks to help out with this.  They make millions of cool banners as strange as they are.  Of course I'm only joking here.

Hey Deezer, why on Earth was my thread closed in General Mario Chat?  Was it because that Melee isn't considered a Mario game or did it have something to do with Rookie?  I can't believe it.  My first thread gets only a few replies and my second one is closed down after one.  I'm terrible at choosing good topics.

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/26/2004 10:06:04 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2004, 03:54:50 PM »
Here is a new one, but it would really only work during the winter...

and BAM!!! Its animated! only 13KB EDIT-Excuse me, 14KB

Edited by - Super-Dino-Yoshi on 10/26/2004 2:56:53 PM

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2004, 03:59:40 PM »
Here it is under better optomization settings:

It looks better for only 2 KB more!

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2004, 04:05:44 PM »
Mmmmmm... makes me hungry for marshmallows and ice cream.  I'm not so sure about that one.  It just looks a little too plain in my worthless opinion (but yeah it could be cool in the winter).  Mario, stop blinking at me!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/26/2004 7:12:32 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print