Print

Author Topic: Kirby Squeak Squad - now in stores for DS  (Read 3676 times)

« on: December 09, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »
I picked up a copy today and i'm still having trouble with it. But the graphics and power-ups look awesome. Does anybody have this game yet?
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:59:11 AM »
... i'm still having trouble with it. ...
Trouble?  What?  How far are you?  I only played the first six or seven worlds/levels, but it was very easy so far. 

I put it away for awhile so I can spend some time finishing YIDS anyway.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »
I picked up a copy today and i'm still having trouble with it. But the graphics and power-ups look awesome. Does anybody have this game yet?

Eh, I really don't like the graphics. Too GBA-ish. The DS is capable of much better, like 3-D. However still, I'm a big Kirby fan, so I'm planning to get this game around Christmas. Looks pretty fun, and I like some of the new abilities. Animal Kirby is sooo cute! And I like the return of the ninja ability. Sure, it sounds to be a bit on the easy side, but I think I'll like it.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 09:46:59 AM »
I think it looks fine. I like it. Just because the DS can do something doesn't mean it has to do that thing, like with M&L:PiT.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
Kirby in 3D is my least favorite kind of Kirby!

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:39:46 PM »
I just finished World Two, but World 3 is now slowing me down.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 06:55:01 PM »
I think it looks fine. I like it. Just because the DS can do something doesn't mean it has to do that thing, like with M&L:PiT.
Kirby in 3D is my least favorite kind of Kirby!
I kinda meant that in a way that game would kinda be like NSMB: It would still be a sidescroller, but with 3D characters. Y'know, 2.5D. Sorry I forgot to mention that. My bad ^^;.

HAL isn't that great when it comes to 3D games, so I'm glad they've decided to stick to the 2D platform genre for this game.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »
Has HAL ever even made a 3D game besides KAR? I think a SM64-type Kirby game would pwn if done right.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
There's been a true 3D Kirby game coming for the GCN for a long time. A long time.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »
I knew what you meant, and I mean that I hate Kirby rendered in 3D.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 08:15:15 PM »
Hey guys, I know this may be a bit off topic, But in the Game Watch Forecast in NP (Or however it's called) The GCN section has a game called Kirby, any info on this?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 08:37:11 PM »
That's the GameCube game that I was talking about. It has no official title.

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 09:03:09 PM »
Hey guys, I know this may be a bit off topic, But in the Game Watch Forecast in NP (Or however it's called) The GCN section has a game called Kirby, any info on this?

Yeah, Nintendo showcased that Kirby game back at E3 05, when they showcased a trailer of the game for the gamecube. It was a 3D sidescroller where Kirby had the ability to make enemy helpers to aid him in his quest, just like in KSS. Kirby could have 3 of these helpers at a time, and the game also had a multiplayer mode, where human players can manually control the helpers. Unfortunately, neither Nintendo or HAL has shown anything beyond that, leading some to believe the game has been cancelled. Nintendo hasn't made any official claims of the game's cancellation, so we're not entirely sure. But with the release of the Wii, it's highly unlikely HAL will release the game.

Of course, there's a possibility that game has been ported over to the Wii, kinda like tLoZ:TW.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 06:28:57 AM »
Or it may be one of the last GameCube games to be released. Kirby games have an odd tradition of being released almost at the end of a console's lifespan.

Print