Print

Author Topic: Smash Bros. Brawl Delayed Until March 9th in the USA  (Read 23339 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 02:40:04 AM »
I never understood how people find that so irritating! Isn't it just A-mashing that's necessary?

Compared to the mashing I had to do in Star Fox Assault on the last level on Gold difficulty, it was cake.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 07:43:50 AM »
Alright, then, how'd you feel about the Test of Fear?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »
I found the Test of Fear actually pretty hard (and found dino-pushing very easy since it was just button mashing).

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
I have very slow, fat fingers when it comes to button mashing, so the test with the really strong Lightfoot was hard. The test of fear was like tasty, buttery cake, however.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 05:08:43 PM »
Test of Fear is usually pretty easy. Sometimes it gets randomly hard for me. Likewise, the button mashing was pretty easy, but if you mash too much at the wrong time I think you actually lose.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 06:46:58 PM »
The first time I did the Test of Fear, it took me around 8 tries. -_-

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
Didn't it make you go through the little level each time just to retry, also? I think I did it three times. :<

EDIT: Oh yeah, and regarding the voice acting, Krystal is awesome, Fox is barely okay, and everyone else is pure and utter crapitty crap. And that saxophone music that busts out when Fox sees Krystal, that was awesome. Games need more sax-type music.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:31:17 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »
One time I was doing the Test of Strength, not being able to press A fast enough... and we were basically at a stalemate. For about 30 seconds or so the platform stayed at the same position, neither of us being closer to the pit. I actually ran out of time and lost by default.

I mean, I've pressed the Start button rapidly to get the secret battle stages in Bomberman 64, but somehow wasn't able to summon that skill for this test until about 10-20 tries later.

The Test of Fear I passed after... like five tries. All I remember is that I couldn't pay attention to anything on the screen except for that darn bar. When the final part came, the marker plunged to one side and stayed -right- on the edge for a few heart-stopping seconds.
But thanks to YouTube, now we can watch the video.
You didn't say wot wot.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »
what are you guys talking about?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »
Oh, we just got off on some sort of StarFox Adventures tangent... Feel free to join.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »
Oh, we just got off on some sort of StarFox Adventures tangent... Feel free to join.
I'm not too big on Star Fox. But what is the Test of Fear?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Print