Poll

Do you think Rock Band will be on Wii in the future?

Yes, I think it'll be on Wii eventually.
6 (33.3%)
Yeah I'd like to see it but I don't think it'll happen.
2 (11.1%)
I don't care.
9 (50%)
No I don't wanna see Rock Band on Wii.
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: Rock Band.... will it ever move to Wii?  (Read 6680 times)

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« on: December 24, 2007, 09:34:14 PM »
Now I was playing Guitar Hero 3 on Wii and I've been thinking, while I like GH3 I would like to see RB on Wii too. I don't own a 360 or PS3 (Nor do I really want a PS3) So I'll never get to try it so I'd like to see what it would be like on Wii.
I can see the controllers now.
A Wii guitar controller (same as GH3)
A Wii microphone. It plugs directly into the port without any wires and all you gotta do is turn the remote upside down.
Wii drums. Same like the guitar, just insert the Wiimote somewhere.
Would you like to see Rock Band on Wii?
I really don't care much for logic.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure it'll be coming to Wii eventually, they just didn't have time to make a Wii version yet.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »
I played it at college, and I certainly enjoyed it. It's not a game I'd buy myself however, so I'm not particularly concerned. If it brings the Wii revenue, then bring it on!

At the risk of people activating caps lock, I will say I liked it more than any Guitar Hero.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 01:21:29 AM »
I would probably like it more if I liked either.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »
A Wii microphone. It plugs directly into the port without any wires and all you gotta do is turn the remote upside down.
I really like the elegance of this idea.

All the 360 controllers just plug in to USB. So if they didn't care about wirelessness, the Wii versions could just work the same way.

They bothered to make a version for PS2. They'll totally do a Wii version. Or at least go to Wii with Rock Band 2.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »
I would probably like it more if I liked either.

Agreed.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »
The Wii being as port-happy as it is, it's gotta happen eventually, right? I mean, on the PS2 and not Wii? C'mon--those two are direct competitors, so, like I said, it's gotta happen eventually.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 10:56:17 PM »
The Wii is a competitor with another console? Since when?
That was a joke.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 03:11:46 AM »
They made a PS2 version???!
*searches Google*
Wow. It's definitely coming to Wii. All PS2 games eventually come to Wii. Or at least lazy developers who want to make a quick buck.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 09:35:08 PM by Suffix »
I really don't care much for logic.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »
The Wii is a competitor with another console? Since when?
I meant that the Wii is more closely competing with the PS2 than the 360/PS3: They're both small, reasonably inexpensive, similar graphically (or at least moreso than when you compare Wii/PS3), and there's lots of games coming out exclusively on the Wii... and PS2.

Also, I think you can tell that even Sony doesn't have a whole lot of confidence in the PS3--why would they still keep the good ol' 2 around?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 11:41:54 AM »
Well, I don't like the whole Wii/PS2 thing going on. The way I'm reading it, the Wii and PS2 are the new GBA and GameCube: basically a dumping ground for crappy liscenced platformer ports. The PS2's been around for seven years now, which is about the age that the PS1 started its death rattle, but the Wii is only, what, like a year and a half, or something? It's a sure sign that a Wii or PS2 game will suck when the ads say "Coming to Xbox 360, PC and Sony PlayStation 3, and also Wii and PS2".
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 11:53:58 AM »
The PS2 was always the primary dumping ground for crappy licensed ports.  Now that the Wii is the most popular system, it is inheriting that role.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
"Was always"? Well, so were the GC and XB back in their day. The longer a system is around, the more crappy ports it accumulates, period.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »
No, the PS2 had far more.  And "The longer a system is around, the more crappy ports it accumulates, period." isn't really true because crappy ports ceased for Xbox and especially GC shortly after their respective successors launched while PS2 continue to receive them.  The same went for N64, whereas PS1 continued to get garbage for years.  The majority of crap always goes to the generation leader.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 11:57:08 PM »
Yes, yes... s**t is the sincerest form of flattery...

Print