Print

Author Topic: Is this the end...?  (Read 11188 times)

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« on: May 27, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »
The end of ......... *Japanese weird music starts up* "Wii would like to play."

I ask this because of the Wii fit commercial. Not a "Wii would like to play" as I (and I guess everyone else) thought. I personally thought it was at least a better commercial than a Wii would like to play commercial.
So, do you think Nintendo is starting to change their advertising?
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
Um, the Wii came out almost two years ago, so I imagine they have good reason to "change their advertising."
I'm a horrible person.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
I think most of us here are already pretty keen on Nintendo, so it doesn't matter whether their commercials are good or not. We're already convinced!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
Well, the MKW ad was bad, but at least it wasn't "Wii Would Like to Play". Surprisingly (or not, depending on how you look at it), I haven't seen the Wii Fit ad yet, but I'm not surprised it doesn't utilize the WWLtP guys (those ads seem to have been for the more "active" games, which is pretty ironic...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »
The Wii Would Like To Play ads aren't that good anyway.
Ditto used Machop!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
I agree. They never really advertise the game so much as show people playing the game. You don't go out and buy some people so they can play a game while you watch.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »
WHAT?!?!?! Those guys rule! Their Japanese, they go up to random people saying "Wii would like to play.", and they have Beetle (I think...) that has a Bullet Bill on the side!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »
I agree. They never really advertise the game so much as show people playing the game.
Because Nintendo places more emphasis on gameplay than game... game. Looked at the back of a Wii/DS box lately?

You don't go out and buy some people so they can play a game while you watch.
http://www.money.co.uk/article/1000390-13-year-old-steals-dads-credit-card-to-buy-hookers.htm

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 04:58:46 PM »
The Wii Would Like to Play campaign already ended a long time ago, unfortunately.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »
I still need to get the song from those commercials.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »
The first time my parents saw one of those Wii Would Like To Play commercials, they asked me "Do you know those Japanese guys? Are they from Nintendo?" I didn't know. I wish they were. But after a while I found the commercials more annoying than inviting. I'm sure my parents would go O_o if they saw one of the Raving Rabbid ads. Rabbid is playing around with a Wii remote, then goes "DAAAAAAAH!!" for no reason. I wonder why I haven't seen any of those on TV. I saw plenty of Rayman 3 commercials though.
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
The only thing I liked about those commercials was the Bullet Bill on the side of their car.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »
The Mario Kart Wii commercial reminded me of Vern Fonk for some reason. The guy in the cowboy outfit sounds just like the cowboy guy in that one Vern Fonk commercial. Man do I hate that guy.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
Wii never had good advertising but it had good puns like "I would like to with your Wii" and "French people really like to play with their Wii's" "Wanna play with my Wii" The second one is bad but I heard it alot.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 06:48:28 PM »
Are you sure you don't mean "has"?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »
"I would like to with your Wii"

Like to what with my Wii?
WHAT ARE PLANNING TO DO WITH MY WII?!
every

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 07:30:33 PM »
I say good riddance to that campaign. I prefer unique commercials individualized for each game with actual gameplay footage instead of people playing. Mario Kart Wii is a good example, as was Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
If they made the MKW commerical with music from the main menu it would rock.

Print