Print

Author Topic: Dead Rising... Wii?!  (Read 5165 times)

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »
scan 1
scan 2
scan 3
scan 4
scan 5

Famisu released information that Dead Rising, a popular 360 game, is being ported to Nintendo's little white box, the Wii.
The game is said to look as close to its 360 counterpart as much as it can, as well as one new boss and weapon. Along with motion controls that seem oh so familiar from the scans.
The port is being influenced by the rapid success of Resident Evil 4 Wii.

The game's scans look the part, they do look like the 360 versions. I feel troubled though... Cutscenes could be rendered, not real-time.
Hell, that might be a 360 version of the game, but photoshoped to have Wii controls over them... I hope not.
I don't have a 360... I've never played this game. I heard its really, REALLY good. So this would be great for me.

*Edit: Fixed the links.
*Scratch that, I ruined the links.
I'll... fix them later...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 06:39:59 AM by Wiiario »
I really don't care much for logic.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:28:39 AM »
Ah, one of my suite mates back at WSU played Dead Rising a bunch. Can't say I liked it, but it's still a good title and it's coming to Wii, so I'm happy.

EDIT: Also, Wiiario, in the future, link the actual pictures and not the host pages displaying them. Right click, view image.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:33:49 AM by Suffix »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:57:40 AM »
Isn't that the game where you can't read any of the text if you're not in HD? Hope they at least fix that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 05:50:49 AM »
For the Wii to handle some parts of this, they're either going to have to drastically reduce the number of zombies or have each zombie be like 30 polygons.

But anyway, yes, truly awesome awesome fun great game. It's Majora's Mask, except in a zombie mall. Also has a save system that makes you truly fear death (which is a GOOD THING).

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:29:31 AM »
Isn't that the game where you can't read any of the text if you're not in HD? Hope they at least fix that.

Yup, you got it. I have the game on 360 and unless you're sitting relatively close to the TV, it's very difficult to read the text.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »
Here's what they need to do:

1) Give multiple save slots to reduce the number of murders comitted out of frustration
2) Let you actually play the guitars at the guitar store (and recruit band members over Wi-Fi to start a zombie-killing rock band)
3) See #2
4) See #s 2 and 3
every

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
Weird, I think I used the Quote button thinking I was Editing my post and didn't notice because it was 6:00 AM.

Good point about saves, Glorb. I'm sure they will make save slots to allow multiple players on the same console. Like many 360 games, the original just used the system profiles to handle that. But you won't be able to copy files to another slot or save to a slot other than the one you're playing off of.

I suppose if you're a TRUE WIENER you could use SD cards to manipulate the system.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
Did you even make any changes to your post when you quodited it?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 04:10:43 PM »
He removed the word "truly".
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »
Ah, new site opened for it. You called it, less zombies. But supposedly smarter zombies.

And no more photography???
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »
Ah, new site opened for it. You called it, less zombies. But supposedly smarter zombies.

And no more photography???

If it has to be.... WHAT?! They made a bad move there. He's a photographer for goodness sake!
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 01:22:49 AM »
Name is Dead Rising: Zombie Sacrifice (at least in Japan).

It's not continuous time anymore. You just do missions and only upon completion does the game progress.

New camera system modeled after RE4.

Which apparently causes there to be no more photography.

Easier and less zombies.

--------------------------

So it's a game about a photojournalist who can't take pictures battling zombies who can't horde without its Majora's Mask 3-day repeating and stripped of the difficulty that makes you actually scared of dying in a survival horror game.

Oh, and in 480p.

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
Wow, sounds like an incredibly dumbed down version. No photography (I guess that's not so bad) but without the time limit, it just won't seem as stressful and exciting.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:37:46 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »
Can't say I'm too surprised. RE4 seems to be the only game ported to Wii that hasn't been lobotimized and suckamafied and crapinated.

New prediction: Frank can't level up and learn new moves, and half the human survivors will be missing. Trust me, it's the only other good stuff they can take out.
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 12:56:28 AM »
What God would allow this abomination? Augh. I guess the same one who would allow a sequel to Wii Sports? So basically it's just Resident Evil 4.5 now, huh.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print