Print

Author Topic: Brawl hacking gets better.  (Read 7942 times)

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:00:45 PM »
I recently checked a blog I go to frequently and there was a link to an amazing hacking project for Brawl.
How'd you like Dry Bowser? Or Phazon Samus? Or Mr. L (Who ever he is.)?! These could all soon be possible! So far their texture hacks are, at the moment, unavailable to the public. But they are planing to find a way to distribute them when they have enough completed (About two for each character.). So far their efforts are simply amazing, one of the best texture projects I've EVER seen.
Check out their Brawl page here!

Note* They do NOT plan to use homebrew to distribute these hacks.
I really don't care much for logic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
How else would they?
That was a joke.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
How else would they?

I......... Don't know. They may have no choice. But they are taking shots and uploading videos, so they MUST have a way of doing it.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 11:49:54 PM »
Woah, thats awsome!
Noy Duh

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:59:18 PM »
So how long until we get Krystal (do a skin for Fox) or King K. Rool (do a skin for... maybe King Dedede, he's big enough) out of this?

Shadow Mario looks pretty creepy. You know, with the no-pupils thing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:02:04 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 12:40:13 AM »
Yes, King K. Rool with no teeth, a beanie and a big hammer throwing Kirby enemies. What we've all been waiting for. But I guess that makes as much sense as Phoenix Wright using PSI...

I won't bother. I play with my characters in their default costumes. Any other way and it feels like... "Who are you? Oh, you stole Fuel's shirt, Ness! But why? And what happened to your hat, the hat you've worn since birth... I thought it meant a lot to you."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 05:05:26 AM »
But...but...I love Ness's Mr. Saturn shirt!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:55:46 PM »
You guys know its just an option when it comes out.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »
Of course, I'm just saying I wouldn't care to use them often.

Actually, wouldn't the textures have to replace some that are already in the game?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 06:41:27 PM »
This makes me wonder if they can change other textures, such as levels and items. Imagine what could be done!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
Yeah, I saw this a day or two ago... sheer awesomeness. Granted, some of those are kind of pushing it (Dr Wario? Okaaay...), but I think Dry Bowser and Fierce Deity Link look the best.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 08:15:05 PM »
Actually, wouldn't the textures have to replace some that are already in the game?

Yes, they do. You can see in the videos that the big character image has the original alt still on.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 08:53:01 PM »
Yeah, some of those look really pathetic, but the Shadow the Hedgehog looks awesome.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »
I really wanted a white Yoshi in Brawl.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 01:41:51 PM »
If this gets easy enough, crappy recolored-sprite comics will have some serious competition.
every

Print