Print

Author Topic: Nintendo got Square but also lost Rare  (Read 4230 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« on: December 22, 2002, 08:15:29 PM »
A simple rhyme that naturally flows from these bittersweet times.

--------------------
MarioBros of the past is Watoad of the future. That is to say, I changed my user name from MarioBros to Watoad.
[I will stop using this signature once I deem that my name change is well enough understood by everyone who cares.]
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 12:55:03 AM »
Hmm... yeah, but they really more sold Rare, you know...
Heh, what's kind of ironic is that besides DKC, Starfox Adventures is the only Rare-developed game that I ever thought was good. Although, I haven't played a few games that people say are good made by Rare...

And I just thought of something rather strange... both Rare and Square have those for their names, and yet they're also called Rareware and Squaresoft... I wonder why they thought they had to add something to their names?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/22/2002 10:56:54 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 11:56:03 AM »
I really don't want to reply to this, because this is from a year ago, but I've just got to comment on this.

Rareware and Squaresoft are their full names. Rare and Square are like "nicknames", like how someone's name is Edward but people call him Ed.

-------

Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 12:11:12 PM »
I miss Rare. Banjo-Kazooie is forever banished to the GBA from now on. At least the Donkey Kong franchise was sold to Nintendo. Oh well. At least they're still making Banjo-Kazooie games. I say we revive this dead topic.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 03:10:44 PM »
The Topic rhymes!  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!  Uh, yeah.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 04:32:14 PM »
Square Enix, anyone?

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 04:34:19 PM »
I thought that the Banjo games would be on X-Box..

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 06:35:19 PM »
"Grabbed by the Ghoulies" is on xbox. apart from "Grunty's Revenge", I don't think there are going to be any more Banjo games.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 09:10:22 PM »
Then why are they called Rare, Ltd.?

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 09:25:06 PM »
Nah. Rare will make more Banjo-Kazooie games. How can they not? Banjo and Kazooie are Rare's Sonic and Tails, for goodness sakes. In fact, Rare is already planning to make Banjo-Threeie for the Xbox. The only sad thing is, since alot of people here hate the Xbox, they might not want to play it (probably not even you, Meowrik).

---------------------------------------------

GameNOW 4 lyfe! Luigi hated it when he crapped his pants. Boo!
Professional Paisano here

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 04:56:29 PM »
*Sapphira cries*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 09:48:19 AM »
Meh, I don't care for Rare too much. There was always too much collecting stuff. Golden Bananas, Jigsaw Pieces, blah blah blah. I want a GAME, darnit! Not a stupid treasure hunt!
...Also, my two favorite Rare games, the DKC series and Banjo-Kazooie, were really just ripoffs of Mario games. But Nintendo obviously didn't say anything because Nintendo was making money.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 04:56:14 PM »
Actually, Rare has not confirmed Banjo-Threeie being developed for X-Box. They have said, that Banjo's new home may be the Game Boy Advance. The newest Banjo game in development is Banjo Pilot. Since the Donkey Kong franchise was sold to Nintendo, Rare had to turn Diddy Kong Pilot into something else, so they're now making Banjo Pilot. As for the whole Banjo-Threeie thing, many rumors are popping up. SOme say it will be for Gamecube, some say it will be for X-Box, some say t won't even be made. Really, there is little proof of this game as of now, with the only being the line at the end of Banjo-Tooie. As for me, I would be greatly saddened if they did make it for X-Box, because I would never buy an X-Box in my life. It would be a huge waste of money, just to play one game. I think Rare should've sold the Banjo-Kazooie franchise to nintendo along with the Donkey Kong Franchise since X-Box is aimed at a more Mature audience. If they did in fact create a Banjo-Kazooie game for X-Box, I predict it'd be a huge disappointment, since almost all of its fans are Nintendo gamers, and it wouldn't collect many new fans because most people buying X-Box are older gamers loking for violent, Mature games, not humorous, fun games.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 12:32:16 AM »
Rare's name is "Rare," not "Rareware.""Rareware" is simply the name that they put on their logo, which is affixed to wares made by Rare.

Dude, Markio, if the topic title hadn't rhymed, then I wouldn't have made this topic.(In other words, I thought that the intentionality of the rhyme was pretty obvious.)

Some people call Square Enix "Squenix."

Sapphira's crying because . . . why?Because of Lonic's hypothesis?
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 02:23:15 PM »
If Microsoft wants to make handheld games, then they should create their own handheld system! They shouldn't waste their time making crappy games for a rival company (Nintendo's Game Boy). That's like saying Nintendo will make games for Xbox systems... yeah right.

Nintendo has some messed up business strategies, just like Sega. Nintendo should have kept Rare, since Rare made some of the most unique games in the videogame industry!

Nintendo really screwed up this time; selling Rare and creating the Virtual Boy were some of the stupidest thing they've ever done!
============================================

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 2/7/2004 12:32:31 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print