Print

Author Topic: Lighted GBA to be released March 23rd  (Read 2150 times)

Deezer

• Invincible

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 12:55:39 AM »
Thanks Deezer!

King of Pink, That's Me!
Find your inner monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2003, 07:05:06 PM »
I read this earlier today at

http://money.cnn.com/2003/01/06/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

You can preorder one from Gamestop at

http://gamestop.com/search.asp?keyword=game+boy+advance+sp&platform=7&lookin=title&genre=0&searchtype=adv&sortby=title

It looks cool and I may get one, but I am still waiting for the GCN adaptor for playing GBA games.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 09:38:49 PM »
More GBA SP pictures:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030107/168/2zpvs.html&e=14

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030107/161/2zm2c.html&e=14

News.Yahoo.com:

Japan's video game giant said Tuesday that it would launch the premium version of its Game Boy Advance hand-held video game player, which can be folded and has a lighting system that allows it to be used in poorly lit places, on Feb. 14 for $105.

---

I have seen both the of date of Feb 14th and March 23rd on several sites, but according to Nintendo.com it is March 23rd.

---

Nintendo.com:

Edgy New Game Boy Advance SP Takes Portable Game Play Anywhere
Jan/06/03 12:00 PST

New illumination feature and sleek flip-screen design making it the most distinctively stylish, compact and portable Game Boy system ever

NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2003 – The biggest star in the history of video games is getting even brighter. Nintendo of America Inc. today announces the introduction of Game Boy® Advance SP, a redesigned version of the wildly popular Game Boy Advance. The system has a new illumination feature and sleek flip-screen design making it the most distinctively stylish, compact and portable Game Boy system ever.

The Game Boy Advance SP will become an instant "must-have" gadget when it launches in North America March 23, 2003, for an estimated retail price of $99.95. It will launch in two colors: cobalt (metallic) and platinum.

Building on the significant improvements and refinements already introduced in the current Game Boy Advance, the new Game Boy Advance SP features a revolutionary Front Light Screen making game play easy in any lighting condition. The system is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery good for about 10 hours of game play and takes only three hours to recharge. Amazingly, the battery life increases to approximately 18 hours of continuous play when the Front Light Screen is turned off.

All current and future Game Boy Advance games are compatible with the new system. And, similarly, Game Boy Advance SP is backward compatible, allowing use with virtually all games and accessories previously released in the Game Boy line.

"Both Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Advance SP reflect the best the video game market has ever seen in hand-held gaming," says Peter MacDougall, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. "For those who must have the latest in technology and edgy design, Game Boy Advance SP delivers the ultimate in portable gaming."

Nintendo will continue to manufacture and market its current, successful Game Boy Advance system, which has now sold-through more than 11.5 million units in North America alone since its launch a little more than a year ago.

Since its introduction in 1989, Nintendo’s portable Game Boy line has sold more than one-half billion games worldwide, delivering a depth and quality of game play far beyond that offered by any other portable electronics device, such as Personal Digital Assistants (PDA’s) or mobile phones.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2003, 11:54:55 PM »
I don't think I'll be getting one of those...
That was a joke.

Print