Print

Author Topic: vidgmcmrcls  (Read 2007 times)

« on: April 14, 2005, 07:09:12 AM »
Okay, I’ve now decided that the time has come for me to start making more topics.  I usually try to avoid adding more to the never-ending list because I’m afraid that it already exists and I’m just wasting my time (which is probably the case here), but no more of that!  I’m going to swallow my fear and just do this and I don’t care who don’t like it, no sir!

Well, I guess I should probably get to the point now.  Like the title says, you can talk about anything you want that’s related to your favorite commercials made for video games (and not just Nintendo either!).  But I’ve also got some other ideas of things to discuss here as well so I’m going to just mix them together in one topic for more to talk about and let people choose.  Here’s what I had in mind:

(1) Favorite VG commercials
(2) Favorite music in a VG commercial
(3) Your own wacky ideas of commercials for old or new games
(4) What you think the ad for Mario in DDR will be like

So one of my favorite commericals so far would probably be the one for M&L:SS.  Seeing Mario and Luigi as children and fighting each other with the whistling in the background was pretty funny.  It also inspired me to conjure a similar one like it for Super Mario Sunshine with Mario dousing his friends and family with water as he grew up (and you can read about it in one of the mailbags if you want).  For music, I liked the songs chosen for the Minish Cap and also Mario Pinball.  And finally, I’m guessing that MDDR will involve either dancing plumbers or people in Mario costumes getting’ shiggy wit it.  What do you think? (besides that I’m a goofball ^_^)

And thanks to Vidgmchtr for letting me copy his name since I couldn’t think of any other good titles.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:46:52 AM »
I liked the superstarsaga comercial, the one with luigi and mario growing up.  It made me cry.

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 05:24:36 PM »
That commercial made you cry?????????????????? I just thought it was stupid! But, whatev, I like the original SSB commercial.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 05:50:58 PM »
I really like the commercial for Super Smash Bros. that has guys in Mario costumes beating the living snot out of each other to "So happy together".

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:50:39 PM »
Ahahah!  Yeah, I forgot about that one.  "I can't think of smashing nobody but you... for all my life!" (my own lyrics)  Btw, what was the commercial for SSBM like?  I never saw it.

Do you got a mullet goin’ on?
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »
The SSBM commercial wasn't that great. The first few Gamecube commercials would just feature a kid in a cube where each of the sides were screens showing the game.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 10:43:34 PM »
The first bunch of cube commercials kinda creeped me out.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 11:42:28 PM »
I liked the MK:DD commercials and the M&L commercials.

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print