Print

Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoons  (Read 6327 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 11:05:23 AM »
I’ve got another little story I want to tell.  This isn’t that exciting and it isn’t really related to roller coasters but it kind of is.  Anyway, last Tuesday I went on a fun field trip with my school to an amusement park in our state (I don’t want to say which park because it ain’t that great).  There I hung out with three of my friends (since my other friends were working or at college, or way younger) and we had a great time going on most of the rides.  One of my absolute favorite parts of the day actually happened not on a ride but in an arcade.  As the four of us walked down the sidewalk to the next ride we soon spotted an arcade.  Something immediately caught my eye and I noticed some toys that were hanging in the window.  They weren’t just any toys... they were Sonic plush toys!  Immediately I screamed and ran inside to try and win one, and my friends came with me (thinking I was a loser XD).

When I got in the building I also spotted several Sonic dolls on the wall and some really big Sonic and Knuckles dolls from the ceiling.  But when I saw what game I had to play to win one I completely freaked out.  It was that horrible bowling game!  You have to roll a ball up a ramp made of two steel bars and try to get it to stay between the first ramp and the second without it rolling back to you.  But I had to try, and try I did.  I tried it again and again and again, but I lost each time.  My friends tried to help me win too but eventually they got tired and tried some other games.  I decided to do the same and try again later but something kept pulling me back there and once again I was at it, like some kind of crazed gambler.  I fed that machine quarters like I was fueling a truck and refused to give up.  I tried to roll the ball at different speeds and closer to the ramp.  And then... I finally did it.  At close to the $5 mark I pushed the ball again and it just barely went over the top of the first ramp.  Then it went to the second and quickly rolled back to the top of the first, and... went the other way again!  I knew I had did it when the alarm went off, I pounded my fist on the machine in triumph, the game dude tossed me a doll, and some kid gave me a high-five.  Yeah!  It was so great.  Even though I already had a Sonic doll, this one was much better and much cooler looking.  So, that’s my story.  Oh, and before we left the park I decided to buy a caricature of myself and it turned out pretty good.  Even though I don’t surf and I don’t have huge biceps, the face was pretty close.  Maybe sometime I can host it on someone’s site and then show it to you all here.

Okay, now I’ll get back on topic.  In my Breakaway magazine that I got not long ago, Relient K talks about their top three roller coasters and all of them are at Cedar Point.  They look really sweet.  Here’s what they are and what they said about them:

#3,  Magnum XL-200.  Highlights: 205 feet high.  72 mph.  Nearly a mile long.
#2, The Raptor.  Highlights: Six upside-down turns: one vertical loop, two inverted corkscrews, a zero-gravity roll and a cobra roll that turns riders upside-down twice - all while your feet dangle beneath you.
#1, Millenium Force.  Highlights: 310 feet high.  93 mph.  First hill drops at 80-degree angle.

Just hearing that makes me really want to go to that park.  I‘m getting a little tired of the rides at my park.  So what are your favorite coasters?

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/26/2005 10:06:21 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 09:06:53 AM »
Hey, is it possible for me to be able to change the name of this thread?  At first it was just going to be about RCT, but then Vid reminded me about real RCs and I decided to add that too.  I just want to change it so people can know it's not just about a computer game.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 09:47:57 PM »
Okay, I'll just ask this one more time.  Is there some way that someone could let me change the name of my topic now?  I really regret the name I have now.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 08:19:25 AM »
Yeah, I have RCT3. The best thing to do is open an unfinished ride and make watch people fly off of the edge and blow up. But the thing is they still survive. Another great thing to do is to make a giant pool and a huge mountain beside it then drop people down the mountain like a slide!

Nintendo rules.
Nintendo rules.

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 08:23:56 AM »
And sometimes if your ride is a certain distance from the ground the car will flip to the underside of the tracks. This happened on my ride. It was a pretty glitchy park. The space style lights went wonky. the light was on the floor and the pole it sits on was 200ft in the sky.

Nintendo rules.
Nintendo rules.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »
There is no way to change the name of a thread. But the current name is fine. People who constantly talk about roller coasters are roller coaster tycoons...sort of.

"That Mormon almost destroyed my left hand." ~TEM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 03:03:48 PM »
Hey! The space style lights did the exact same thing to me!

In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a screenshot of  it somewhere.

Edited by - Suffix on 7/8/2005 2:04:22 PM

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 08:35:22 PM »
I usually name the bathrooms on Rollercoaster Tycoon "Wario Ware Inc.", just to insult Wario. I name all of the Go-Kart Tracks "Super Mario Kart". I have a perfectly timed screenshot of a roller coaster crashing. I did this on Leafy Lake.

Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo
Now you''re playing with power!
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 10:09:04 PM »
Ha, yeah I remember how I used to name the bathrooms funny names and also charge people 10 cents just to use them.  Ahahahaha!!  YR, the evil RCT!

LD: I guess you're right.  I just got a little nervous when no one said anything for awhile.  Still trying to get used to how the topics like to bungy jump.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 7/18/2005 9:10:07 PM

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:38 PM »
On the first game, if you build a steel RC, put a station and about five pieces of track, and then put a long, straight footpath from the end of the track, and put the roller coaster on powered launch, the train will continue going on the path as though it were a track.

Fox McCloud, Ace Pilot, at your disservice.
Fox McCloud, Ace Pilot, at your disservice.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 02:49:07 PM »
YSR, I went to Cedar point last week dude, AND Relient K is my favorite band! That's nuts.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »
FMC: I've also done that before and I found it pretty funny.  If you make the sidewalk long enough the cars will actually start to explode before the whole thing crashes.  Kind of like Centipede!  Ha ha.

KS: Really?  That is absolutely nuts!  How coincidental that is I mean.  I also like Relient K but they're not my favorite bands.  I don't even know what my favorite band is right now but someday I will.  Queen is pretty sweet.  And I want to buy the Newsboys Shine the Hits CD or get that for Christmas.  Shine!  Make 'em wonder what ya got!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 8/4/2005 6:24:09 PM

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 07:29:11 PM »
I like using these initials. It makes us look like we have some sort of sweet code.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005, 11:03:42 AM »
Sorry I took so long to do this but...

Here it is!  I finally got that picture of the Sonic doll I won and the charaicature of me (my lips actually are kind of big not THAT big).  And you get to see a little bit of my room too.  First time!  I wish that I had took a better picture though.

I would love to put up pictures of my roller coasters but like Deezer I'm so busy with college that I don't have much time.  And if I did try to play just a little RCT... I would get hooked bad.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 10:37:06 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2005, 02:30:08 PM »
I have all three Roller Coaster Tycoons, and I have this sort of wierd tradition: with every game, I make this roller coaster called "Atomic Revenge of the PhobiaCoaster", and it kills everyone who rides it. Really. It is HORRIFIC: it takes up almost half the park, inludes twenty-two loops, goes at about 300mph (usually) and, at one point, goes UNDERWATER. I was only able to get it to do that in the first game, however, and at least two people get caught each time and eventually drown. If a real park had designed a coaster like that, it would instantly be shut down.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Print