Print

Author Topic: Game Boy  (Read 5782 times)

Yoshi55

• Banned
« on: December 31, 2005, 09:02:40 AM »
I fixed a Game Boy game once by putting the cartridge in the freezer. The game was Pokemon Yellow. It wasn't mine, it was someone who wanted me to fix it for them. Right now, my Tetris cartridge is in the freezer.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 09:08:31 AM »
What was wrong with the Tetris cartridge that made you put it in the freezer?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 09:10:58 AM »
Kept reseting itself. At least when played on my old '89 style Game Boy. Also the freezer makes it nice and COOL. If you want to talk about anything Game Boy (not DS, because it isn't a Game Boy) post in here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 09:17:09 AM by Yoshi55 »
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 08:09:14 PM »
Huh. I should try that to fix one of my games. How long should it stay in the freezer? And BTW you're right about the DS not being a Gameboy, this really ticked me off.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 08:35:19 PM »
Yeah, that ticks me off too.  Just because its gameboy ADVANCE compatible, its still technically not a gameboy.  Alot of people mess that up.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 08:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Wikipedia
(Although the DS isn't technically a Game Boy, Nintendo refers to it as a 'third pillar' accompanying the Game Boy)

Hmm... interesting. But, still, why'd they put it in the picture of Gameboys? >:(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 08:47:24 PM »
Anything that plays Game Boy games somehow probably makes it on.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 09:59:21 PM »
Well there was no SNES with a Super GameBoy in the picture and no GameGube with a GameBoy Player. The DS is a new system that happens to be portable and play GameBoy games, but that doesn't make it a GameBoy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 10:06:52 PM »
I really don't care what people call it. It plays the games I like, and it keeps me busy. :P

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 10:15:41 PM »
In reply to the freezer solution: I have an even better way to fix GB carts. Set it on fire, then smack it really hard with a lamp. Throw it out your window, then bury it in hot sand for nine days. Unearth it, and then squeeze some lemon juice on the cartridge contacts while cussing at it. Throw the cartridge in your toilet and flush, then go into the sewer and retrieve it. Finally, put it in your Game Boy. If it's still defective, then your Game Boy game is haunted and you should consider changing your identity and moving to another state.
every

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »
Um... okay. That might work. Hey, it hasn't been proven wrong yet, right? ;)

Actually, here's why putting it in the freezer works: When it's frozen, it gets moisture. When it gets moisture, it's slightly damp. When it's damp, it gets all of the dust out. But, this only works if it stopped working because of dust in the first place.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 01:11:13 AM »
The dust would still be inside, just gooey. And that's if they actually have enough air inside to warrant condensation inside the cart.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 01:14:06 AM »
Good point. I'm just saying that off of my logic of understanding how it works.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006, 01:06:34 PM »

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006, 02:34:37 PM »
One time I ran over a Game Boy cart on my bike and it still worked.

Print