Print

Author Topic: Who wants to join my idea to win a Wii / good $?  (Read 9194 times)

« on: November 24, 2006, 12:41:05 PM »
(Probably no one! XD) I know this is probably not the best idea, and it's probably too late to try, and the odds are just plain terrible... but I want to give this hair-brained scheme a shot anyway. If we work together, someone could win a new Wii to either keep or sell on Ebay for $250 or more. Wow, I could go for that. Here's my plan:

Gamefly is having a contest where they give away one Nintendo Wii each day from now until the end of November (see why I probably started this too late? :( ). It's very simple to play and doesn't cost any money. People go the site, enter their name, e-mail, home address, and age, and then submit the information to attempt to win. Only 1 person each day will win and you only have one try each day. The way it works is that the first person to enter their information during or after the randomly selected time will be the winner of that day.

Now maybe you have an idea where I'm taking this. I think that if we all work together on this we just might have a less-than-horrible chance to actually win. All we have to do is plan on what time span we'll enter the information each day to increase our odds (i.e. from 12:00 - 12:30 pm) and the more people who join, the greater the chance.

I usually do this each day around 9 am, and you could select any time before or after that which works best for you, and each following person to join can choose a time that hasn't been chosen yet. I'm sorry that I didn't think of this sooner but maybe it's not too late. I think this would be a fun idea.

You probably know that the Wii is very high in demand and low in supply. That's why if you don't want it you could sell it on Ebay or something for much over it's price of $250! I wanted to do that myself to earn money for college, and you could do something like that too.

The website is listed below and so is the list of people and their selected times. If no one wants to try it, that's fine. I wish you all a belated happy Thanksgiving and good luck whatever you're doing!

Site: http://gamefly.eprize.net/wiigiveaway/?page=alternate_form  This promotion has ended.

*Yoshisaurus Rex = (GMT-6:00) 9-9:29 am Central Time
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 06:21:11 PM by Luigison »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »
No, I'm afraid I'm not interested. Especially considering that there are only seven more days in November.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 03:13:13 PM »
Sounds good, but I do believe it's a little late to do such a thing. Besides, it seems every contest this month seems to have a Wii as the prize.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »
Aw, man, this is such a good idea. We could really stick it to the Man with this! And split the money and whatever, but more importantly, Man-sticking! Unfortunately, this does seem a little illegal. But otherwise, I'd be all for it.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 04:16:36 PM »
It's "hare-brained".
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 04:36:48 PM »
Oh.  I only heard it and never saw the spelling before. XD

Yeah, I guess it is too late to do it.  I never thought it could be illegal but... maybe it is.  Sorry to waste your time.  "Stick it to the Man!"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 04:39:08 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 06:52:27 PM »
Sorry YR. I'd help, but ma wants me away from online contests right now.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »
I tried it, I lost, I'll try again tomorrow.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 12:51:32 AM »
Errr...
1. I am not yet 18.
2. I'd probably rather keep the Wii than sell it on eBay and split the money.
3. I'm also not 18. :/
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
1. not interested
2. rather buy a Wii in the city
3. too late
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 01:35:49 PM »
It's sort of lame to post that you aren't going to participate, but then to put your reasons in list form... Lame x 10.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 02:36:15 PM »
I'd like to, but my internet is currently discombobulated.

I think this whole thing is kind of funny in a way, lame or not. :)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »
It's sort of lame to post that you aren't going to participate, but then to put your reasons in list form... Lame x 10.
at least they're reasons, and good reasons at that
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 11:19:17 PM »
I never trusted promotional givaways... there's always a hidden price to pay...

For example: you said you have to give your name and email, right? Big mistake. All that information goes right to Gamefly's many money-hungry sponsers, who then use it to load your email inbox with spam. It's happened to me before. I keep getting offers for free movie tickets from people who blatantly put my name in the emails. It just gets so annoying!

(Sorry if I was paranoid...)

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 04:02:51 AM »
Quote from: Wii A Day Giveaway
Sorry, you didn't win this time.
Though it douses some childish hopes, I like the immediate feedback.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print