Print

Author Topic: Free Bejeweled 2  (Read 5820 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 07:45:03 AM »
If I may briefly butt in to this debate, I think it's clear the reason you believe Portal to be overrated is because you played it a long time after it came out. As is the case with many great games, reveling in what the title has to offer in synch with the rest of the gaming community is critical to understanding what makes it great. If you'd never played Super Mario Bros. and did so today, would you consider it overrated? I'll confess that I didn't quite walk away from Portal with the same enthusiastic response as I'd heard others get, but that's because I bought it several years after it was released, on the PS3, with full knowledge of the spoiler(s). Nevertheless, I enjoyed it muchly, and anticipate the sequel.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:25 AM »
Turtlekid. You are quite confused about Portal's music. Several levels contain some of the coolest haunting and beautiful music to come out of games in recent memory. You either aren't paying attention or you have no appreciation of art.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »
Yeah, that's weird.  Looking up the soundtrack just now, apparently there's a lot of not-sucky music in there.  So why do I not hear it when I play the game?  Is that just another shortcoming of my computer?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »
As an aside, system requirements mean nothing. If you're lucky, they're a rough estimate based on testing on multiple machines, but more often than not they're just numbers pulled out of the air. As an example, Beat Hazard says it requires a 2GHz processor, but runs at full speed on my netbook with less than half that. And I-Fluid runs slowly enough that it gives me the "framerate too low" error when I try to play it on a computer that exceeds the recommended specs.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
GHz don't really mean anything since one type of processor running at less GHz can outperform a different processor that's clocked higher.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
Yes, I'm aware of that. And that further proves my point about system requirements meaning nothing.

Print