Print

Author Topic: Are Mario games the length that they are just because Mario is just a lazy plumber?  (Read 3800 times)

« on: June 11, 2000, 03:30:11 PM »
**NOTE** None of this is meant to insult anyone. Including Plumbers, Italians, or Mario.  It is just a hypothetical situation made up by two people who had nothing better to do at 4:00am, and should not be taken seriously!!

I haven't lived a very long time, but one thing I have learned in my youth is that plumbers aren't exactly the most punctual kind of people. So, my friends and I have a theory about the length of some Mario's games.  Here is the possible way Super Mario Bros. went.

Bowser kidnaps the Princess.  Princess cries to Mario for help.  Mario acknowleges her cries, but just sit around on his fat plumber butt, finishes his pasta, takes a quick nap, wakes up, knocks off the crusty tomato sauce that had tried on his face as he slept, and then finally looks at his clock and heads out to save her.
Now, during all of this Bowser reached his first castle, and waited a little bit, but then when Mario never showed up he went to the next castle and then the next until finally he was home eight worlds away.
Once finally reaches the first castle and defeats the fake Bowser, the mushroom person that was being held is a little upset since Mario has taken so long, and directs him in the right direction.
We all know how turns out, but maybe that explains why Bowser seems to be so many steps ahead of Mario (until Mario finally reaches and the stomps the crud out of him)

So, if you agree or have any other explanations, I would be very happy to read them.  :)

Edited by - happysnorlax on 6/11/00 2:34:06 PM

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2000, 03:59:27 PM »
I'm going to have to correct you. You see,
Mario arrived just as soon as the Bowser
thing began! Bowser was already in castle 8
by the time Mario got to castle 2(IMO)!
Either that or Luigi was killed somewhere
and Mario had to find him. Who knows?

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2000, 04:14:42 PM »
I am curious, were did you get that information?

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2000, 04:29:28 PM »
I was just saying.

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2000, 02:30:07 PM »
Don't forget, he had to fix that broken pipe leading to the minus world on the way!

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print