Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario info  (Read 9868 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2000, 10:16:32 PM »
So the plot will be dumb and predictable? So what? How is that different from every other great Mario game? So the graphics are a little...odd? I'm willing to try something new. Besides, these things are just what we've been able to piece together. Much is left to be known. People get way too critical of a game they know next to nothing about. Try it!

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2000, 03:49:33 PM »
It has just come to my attention from another video gaming website that "Paper Mario" has failed us.  It does not have the traditional "Mario" mechanics or overall style, and is at best par with "Mario 64."  Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see if the "Super Mario 64" sequel will be "the one."
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2000, 06:38:21 PM »
Sheesh...

"Paper Mario Story" (which I am sure will be renamed) isn't a standard Super Mario Bros. game, nor was Super Mario RPG. "Paper Mario Story" is an RPG game, and it looks to be a good one. Odds are that it won't contain any of the silly characters involved in SMRPG because those are jointly owned by Square and Nintendo, but this game WILL be good. What shortcomings does it have? The complaint I keep hearing is that "it looks 'kiddy'", which is a stupid arguement that only reveals the lack of intelligence of the one putting it forth.

Also, Yoshi's Island was a good game; it wasn't a Super Mario Bros. game, but it was a good Nintendo platformer. Super Mario 64 was also a good game, although I would argue that it wasn't REALLY a SMB game as it was missing key mechanics. Of course, I'm the one that thinks Super Mario World was nowhere near as good as Super Mario Bros. 3.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2000, 06:41:04 PM »
I agree with that last thing.
Mega 2

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2000, 12:21:36 PM »
I think Paper Mario is gonna be a sweet game. It at least has some SMRPG elements in it. Turn-based battles, timed hits(at least according to Nintendo), the 7 stars, etc. I am going to probably buy this game when it comes out, but the only bad(not that bad)thing about it is the name of the game. I prefered Super Mario Adventure.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2000, 10:19:35 PM »
I have done more research, and it may be that "Paper Mario" will have real Mario mechanics and be the game to get Nintendo out of this rut.  I was just worried that it would be like the last "Mario R.P.G."
Mega 2

Print