Miscellaneous > General Chat

Obama Stand-up

<< < (9/10) > >>

CrossEyed7:
...has Cruz ever denied being Chris-Chan?

Weegee:
Well, they both

-sound alike
-recite jokes poorly
-are not currently running for president

So you never know.

CrossEyed7:
Oh hey here's a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUFsCS7xYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_OLkQDDsT0

Lizard Dude:
Wow! Nothing says 'hot comedy roast' like having a cardinal sit next to you.

Neither approaches President Obama but Hillary was passable (probably just from speaking skill, not necessarily comedy chops). Donald started okay but the second half was significantly worse.

They're both very good at taking jokes. The same cannot be said of Rudy Giuliani.

CrossEyed7:
After her performance there, I'm definitely more okay with Hillary doing eight of these than I thought I would be.

Trump's Michelle-Melania joke was really good, and the little "it's not her fault! boy am i in trouble!" bit afterward is probably the most human he's seemed all year. His delivery was pretty lousy overall, though; he's not very good at reading. And it definitely got pretty uncomfortable around the halfway point where it went from "slightly edgy political roast" to "Breitbart comment section" and even starting to border on "personal manifesto written by Charlie Sheen" and he started getting booed by a room full of Republican priests.

(Interesting sidenote: this thing has happened pretty much every election for the past few decades, but Bush and Kerry were not invited to the 2004 dinner because the foundation felt that election was too divisive (or it might've been because Kerry was a pro-choice Catholic))

Definitely interesting how Trump seemed to take this one so much better than he took Obama's jokes in 2012. Is it because he knew it was going to be a roast going into it? because he's still technically Hillary's equal? because he got to go first? did his handlers tell him to look happy (doubt it; they clearly don't have that much control over him at this point)? because Hillary's white?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version