Print

Author Topic: Mario Party DS lands Mario in jail (again)  (Read 9774 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »

With all his bravery and goodness, you'd think Mario would be the last person to land in jail. Alright, maybe the first time wasn't his fault, but surely he must have committed some wrongdoing to be in that situation again. Of course, Nintendo making another Mario Party game, that could constituted as a crime against humanity, amirite?

Enjoy some more fresh screenshots of Mario Party DS at the link below, courtesy of Famitsu!

Link: Famitsu.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 01:25:47 PM »
The extended version of the Mario Party commercial had the cops dragging Mario off to jail (well, to the police car, but one assumed he went to jail..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
Heheh. I loved that commercial. It's a classic in my book along with the commercial for Super Smash Bros and that Got Milk? one.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »
How do you know Bowser isn't the one in jail and that Mario and Co. aren't looking at him?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:55:05 PM »
I bet Wario did something stupid to land himself in jail and Mario tried to get him out. :P

Anyway, a Mario Party for the DS reminds me too much of Mario Party Advance, which was a total disaster. I'll buy it, but not without fear of knowing DS could turn out like it's Game Boy counterpart.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »
When I saw the topic title I thought this had something to do with spastic Mario Party 8, another complaint.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »
When I saw the topic title I thought this had something to do with spastic Mario Party 8, another complaint.

That's the beauty of my headlines: They aim to leave readers in shock and awe!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »
It it just me, or is Toad becoming the new DK? I mean, the original cast was basically everyone there minus Waluigi and Daisy, and when DK was replaced, new characters took his spot.

Bowser probably framed them, or it's a mini-game like that cage one in Mario Party 5.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »
That's the beauty of my headlines: They aim to leave readers in shock and awe!

Yeah, like "AP: Michael Jackson has died". XD
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »
Perhaps they're tired of crediting Rare for using DK? Or, they just don't like DK anymore? Or, one character that wears nothing is enough?
Maybe this is like Monopoly jail. Bowser is the angry cop with the finger on the other side of the board. You get sent to jail for no reason in Monopoly, so why not in Mario Party as well?
* Bird Person distributes Get Out of Jail Free cards to everyone but Daisy
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 05:04:02 AM »
I bet Wario did something stupid to land himself in jail and Mario tried to get him out. :P

Anyway, a Mario Party for the DS reminds me too much of Mario Party Advance, which was a total disaster. I'll buy it, but not without fear of knowing DS could turn out like it's Game Boy counterpart.

I don't see how it could since it looks to be a primarily four-player game, unlike MPA. I'm sure it won't have a paper game board thrown in as an afterthought, either.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 08:22:41 AM »
Yeah. It just isn't a party when there's only one person there, you know.

And according to Nintendo Power, the plot or whatever for MPDS is that Bowser invites everyone to a party at his castle and shrinks them. Something along those lines anyway.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »
Ack! All those Monopoly references are giving me brain damage! ...Wait, what?

Anyway, I know my little brother is going to get this game. Is wi-fi confirmed for this title or not? To be honest, I haven't paid a lot of attention to this game.
Canada, eh? '87

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 05:15:37 PM »
It it just me, or is Toad becoming the new DK?

That's fine with me. They need to develop their other characters a bit more anyway, and Toad would be a good candidate.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:29:31 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 08:17:02 PM »
Mario never did wrong? May I remind you of his brief lapse of judgment during 'Donkey Kong Junior'?

Edit:  judgment
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:20:25 PM by Luigison »

Print