Print

Author Topic: Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 10311 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:06 AM »
Check out the official Smash Bros. site to see Sonic knocking Mario over as he dashes about like a deranged blue spiny mammal.

Prepare to die the death of a thousand stomps, blue pretender.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 08:40:21 PM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:53:50 AM »
Every expectation of Brawl has now been fulfilled.

I wonder if Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sonics other friends (and enemies) will appear as assist trophies?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 04:55:43 AM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »
He looks even faster than Fox.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »
I wanna see Tails as an assist trophy.

I seriously took the risk of waking everyone in my dorm hallway so I could w00t for this update.  (cause I didn't know if they were actually going to announce any more third party characters before release)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »
Why is this in Mario news?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 11:13:33 AM »
Color me suprised.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »
I really feel happy for all those fan boys.

I also heard the release date is being fiddled with. I hope they don't push it.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »
Wow, just wow. This opens up more opportunities for 3rd party characters in Brawl, I remember some people here saying this would never happen, so I say HAHA! To them!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »
It doesn't open up anything. We're lucky enough for this to have happened. I was pretty doubtful myself. Heck, I'll bet Nintendo only allowed Sega to use Mario in the Olympic game in return for this.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »
Yeah, like most people, I figured him being in the Olympic Games with Mario was all they were going to do, but now... where does it end?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:24:33 PM »
I'm just glad he made it. Personally, I think Mario's gonna get slammed.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 08:27:54 PM »
Personally, I think Mario's gonna get slammed.
Whatcha mean.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
I think what he means is Sonic's gonna beat Mario BAD... Okay, now this is part of what I was worried about; this is gonna transform the whole game from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the fabled Who's Better: Mario or Sonic? fanboys have craved for years. They should just make a separate game that's only Mario and Sonic.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 04:53:04 PM »
Hmm.. that movie is very interesting.

Mario and Sonic both stike a pose at one point, and Mario's looks like his You chose me! pose from the first SSB game (where he stuck that pose after you chose him on the character select screen) and it was one of his winning poses after multiplayer in SSBM.

I wonder if that means that when we taunt, we can use the other directional buttons for more taunts..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 05:05:35 PM »
I think what he means is Sonic's gonna beat Mario BAD...
The characters are but little tools through which we the players kill each other. There is no Mario beating Sonic or vice versa. There is only Kid A beating Kid B. Unless you leave equally-leveled computer players playing, which, if the AI is done right this time, will result in pretty equal amounts of wins and losses for each. But why would one want to do that? I have no idea why people don't understand that the characters aren't the ones fighting.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »
Perhaps it's being delayed for work on the AI. What would make it good is if the AI this time actually took into consideration what character it was and what character it was fighting, and changed its tactics accordingly.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 06:25:53 PM »
Mario and Sonic both stike a pose at one point, and Mario's looks like his You chose me! pose from the first SSB game (where he stuck that pose after you chose him on the character select screen) and it was one of his winning poses after multiplayer in SSBM.

Nice observation there. I completely forgot about that. Not surprising seeing as it's been ages since the last time I played SSB...and my character of choice was Luigi. Speaking of which, his You chose me! pose there also made it into SSBM, but without the panting sound effect (if you want to call it that).

In fact, I sure as heck hope that they actually give him a real voice in this (assuming that he is in and if he's not, I'm gonna be one ticked chick) instead of recycle Mario's voice clips again. Honestly...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
I think what he means is Sonic's gonna beat Mario BAD... Okay, now this is part of what I was worried about; this is gonna transform the whole game from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the fabled Who's Better: Mario or Sonic? fanboys have craved for years. They should just make a separate game that's only Mario and Sonic.

Easy now, I ain't a fanboy, and I don't really think one is better than the other. I just said that 'cause I like to pick on Mario sometimes.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »
Perhaps it's being delayed for work on the AI. What would make it good is if the AI this time actually took into consideration what character it was and what character it was fighting, and changed its tactics accordingly.
The problem with the AI in Melee is that even if it is really challenging, you can learn their ever-constant attack patterns. I wish it were more spontaneous and human-like for Brawl.
And please, Sakurai, make training mode AI more advanced! How am I supposed to train when my opponent is no more active than Sandbag?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 07:59:18 PM »
ticked chick
"Ticked chick" is a delight to say aloud. After reading your post, I found myself repeating it over and over, listening to the awesome beat my glottis hammered out.

Print