Print

Author Topic: Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 10369 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »
Perhaps it's being delayed for work on the AI. What would make it good is if the AI this time actually took into consideration what character it was and what character it was fighting, and changed its tactics accordingly.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 06:25:53 PM »
Mario and Sonic both stike a pose at one point, and Mario's looks like his You chose me! pose from the first SSB game (where he stuck that pose after you chose him on the character select screen) and it was one of his winning poses after multiplayer in SSBM.

Nice observation there. I completely forgot about that. Not surprising seeing as it's been ages since the last time I played SSB...and my character of choice was Luigi. Speaking of which, his You chose me! pose there also made it into SSBM, but without the panting sound effect (if you want to call it that).

In fact, I sure as heck hope that they actually give him a real voice in this (assuming that he is in and if he's not, I'm gonna be one ticked chick) instead of recycle Mario's voice clips again. Honestly...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
I think what he means is Sonic's gonna beat Mario BAD... Okay, now this is part of what I was worried about; this is gonna transform the whole game from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the fabled Who's Better: Mario or Sonic? fanboys have craved for years. They should just make a separate game that's only Mario and Sonic.

Easy now, I ain't a fanboy, and I don't really think one is better than the other. I just said that 'cause I like to pick on Mario sometimes.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »
Perhaps it's being delayed for work on the AI. What would make it good is if the AI this time actually took into consideration what character it was and what character it was fighting, and changed its tactics accordingly.
The problem with the AI in Melee is that even if it is really challenging, you can learn their ever-constant attack patterns. I wish it were more spontaneous and human-like for Brawl.
And please, Sakurai, make training mode AI more advanced! How am I supposed to train when my opponent is no more active than Sandbag?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 07:59:18 PM »
ticked chick
"Ticked chick" is a delight to say aloud. After reading your post, I found myself repeating it over and over, listening to the awesome beat my glottis hammered out.

Print