Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 142487 times)

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »
I said that hoping for advice. if there is any.
Guess who's back!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2010, 10:21:18 PM »
The dog thing... well, I'm just gonna go Freud and say it's got something to do with your furry side. As for the nails, I personally don't think that's an issue so long as you wash your hands plenty. If it's really bugging you, though... I don't know, put hot sauce on your hands, or something. Just keep your hands away from dogs afterwards.

A few things:

--I liked the script for Braid so much that I printed out the whole thing and now carry it around in my school binder.
--I was playing Half-Life 2 this weekend during times I probably should've been doing homework.
--I was researching Alan Moore earlier this evening, and now I'm worried because I think the tiny Trevfur in my mind wants to read some of Omaha the Cat Dancer.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:24:46 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »
--I liked the script for Braid so much that I printed out the whole thing and now carry it around in my school binder.
This is weird, but cute.

(Even though you cheated yourself of solving the game yourself.)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
Well, the game's set up so that you can't even get to the final world without getting every puzzle piece. Clearly, though, it's not like it at all tarnished my experience.

« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
It may not have tarnished your experience, but it lessened it. There are six or so moments of realization, joy, and pride that you will never experience, ever. You had one chance and you circumvented the experience. Now you will die, without those moments. You missed them.

You missed out.

« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »
Until Braid 2, which will explore the fifth dimension.

« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2010, 02:29:35 PM »
[darnit] beat me to it
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
That was great.

In other news, I'm getting increasingly blue-balled from intermittently seeing character art for Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed and having no real idea of the actual game's content to decide whether it's worth getting.

That, and the fact that, contrary to what the trailer may have you believe, there is not actually any point in Sherlock Holmes where Rachel McAdams in clad in little more than a corset.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
Everyday since the emoticon topic has been locked I go back and visit it while laughing uncontrollably.
every

« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »
I was in Boy Scouts until I turned 18, and almost made Eagle Scout.
I only watch [adult swim]

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »
I was in Boy Scouts until I turned 18, did "make" Eagle Scout, and am helping out as an Assistant Scoutmaster in the interim.

Alright, just call me Usher, because I've got a whole load of musical confessions:

--I harbor a subdued ambition to sing in/start/manage a band--or at least make my own songs on some sort of quality synthesizing software. I presume this is a pretty universal feeling, though.
--Following up on that, if given the chance, one of the covers I would do (covers, of course, would pretty much require me to have a real band) would be an electropop-ish version of "Little Guitars", replacing "senorita" with "lolita".
--In fact, many songs I would write on my own (and, as I've mentioned, I have written songs--mostly as some sort of catharsis) would be veiled references to internet/videogame pop culture. Obviously, though, I still have the requisite antiestablishment/philosophical and love-related tunes, but the
--I had a weird psychological breakdown a few days ago of a very tl;dr nature in description. All I can say is some perfect storm of fear, excitement, and several weeks of philosophical and economical learnings mixed with my contemplation of buying an old iPod from my friend and nonstop reading of the Scott Pilgrim series to make reality suddenly, and without warning, show up and kick me in the crotch.

« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »
Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is my favorite internet webcomic.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »
I don't hate G4, though it was MUCH, MUCH better back when it was a gaming network.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »
Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. Then again, I never really watched the channel back then--and not much more now--so maybe I'm not qualified to reminisce.

Print