Print

Author Topic: The QUOTE Thread!  (Read 16138 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »
Good. Legit is a superior (shorter, punchier) version of the word and still carries its full meaning. Don't be sad about improving the language.

Big Brother finds your sentiments to be doubleplusgood.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »
Newspeak was designed to reduce language to such a small amount of words that somone would not be able to think rogue thoughts, because they wouldn't even know the words or concepts to do so.

I am advocating for replacing a single word with a superior version that means the same thing.

Please try to have your literary references make sense.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Anyone who thinks they're clever by making 1844 1984 references are doubleplusnerd[bundle of sticks]s.

In other news, paramedics and rescue workers were called to the scene of a possibly fatal ice burn. The victim is in critical condition.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:05:48 PM by Glorb »
every

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »
Good lord, Glorb! You sound like everyone ever on the Starmen Forums!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »
I said legit because--at least the way I interpret it--I feel like it has a slightly different meaning. "Legitimate" means "real", while "legit" is more like "real and accurate/appropriate"... I don't know, it just felt right to say. Maybe I should use the full word, after all.

Oh, and before we stop talking about "_ILFs", the salsa at the Mexican restaurant last night had nothing on how hot the server was. My grandma found a grill brush wire in her food, though, but I digress.

Also, a new quote to be immortalized:
Anyone who thinks they're clever by making 1844 1984 references are doubleplusnerd[bundle of sticks]s.

In other news, paramedics and rescue workers were called to the scene of a possibly fatal ice burn. The victim is in critical condition.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
Here's me, back in '06:

WAH YOU GUYS ARE IMATURE!
-insert rather gratuitous lack of research here-
Im Austin and I'm smart!!!
Guess what?I'm eight!Did you know that?
Glorb stop being so inapropriat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 02:51:27 PM »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »
<+TheChef> well I AM 18. :P
<Biospark> WHAAAAAA?!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 04:41:16 PM »
<+CommodoreJim> So my brother is out there on the couch
<+CommodoreJim> I decide to torment him
<+CommodoreJim> So I scream "I AM THE RED CYCLONE" in the best Russian accent I have
<+CommodoreJim> Then lifting up the end of the couch that he's on, causing him to slide to the other end, screaming
<+CommodoreJim> The other day I kicked down his door while wearing a cape and holding a broom handle and shouted "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM"
<+CommodoreJim> He and his two friends were in there
<+CommodoreJim> And they all screamed
<+CommodoreJim> Simultaneously

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »
That's funny, 'cause I just downloaded this video from a LimeWire user named trevtendo, and the file's description read, "Girlfriend walks in on doofus looking at Gordon Freeman erotica and decides to 'help him out'." It's received about 400,000 hits thus far.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »
this was the most pointless thread ever made and it still gets over 30 replies! do you have no lives!?
Guess who's back!!!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 02:05:53 PM »
this was the most pointless thread ever made and it still gets over 30 replies! do you have no lives!?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
Nobody react when i say this, but i think michael jackson might be dead. im not sure though.
Guess who's back!!!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »
Im feeling sad, because a dead dog would probably make me die from fear. (youll never understand what i said until you read my really old stuff on the confess thread)
Guess who's back!!!

Print