Print

Author Topic: Reggie: Mario 128 at E3 and other interesting comments  (Read 6942 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:09:50 PM »
IGN has a great interview with Reggie with great questions and honest answers.  He mentions that Mario 128 will be shown at E3, though it might be pushed to Revolution.  Tomorrow should be interesting as well with Iwata's speech about DS online play.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 11:30:56 PM »
The Reggie interview was interesting, but why did IGN have to end it with a Pokemon question?

I'm really hyped about Iwata's Mario Day speech.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 12:14:24 AM »
Because Pokemon XD spontanously appeared on Nintendo's release date list today.  In addition, tons of people have been awaiting a real console Pokemon RPG -- many who don't even like Pokemon believe that a Pokemon MMORPG would be a real catalyst for a Nintendo online service.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 12:19:28 AM »
I'm gonna use MEGAߥTE's format for quoting because, "quite frankly," I think it looks good and is easy to execute.

> We're going to deliver that message in a fun and provocative way. So stay tuned! Make sure you guys are watching our E3 briefing.

Is this something that we'll be able to see when we go to the convention, or are Nintendo's special announcements limited to an even more restricted audience?

> We're going to be on time with our competition, which we've pegged as Sony.

No Microsoft? Why?

> Pokemon XD . . .

Oh, c'mon. Windows XP was bad enough. Now this? Stop with the emoticons in the software names!!XPXD

If there's an article on or a transcription of (or even a recording of?!) Iwata's keynote, could one of you please post a link to it? I'm not so great at finding that stuff as you guys are. Thanks!

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 12:31:11 AM »
2. In Japan, XBox is nothing. So it would make sense there. But since Reggie is NOA, perhaps it's because Sony has much better numbers than Microsoft here?

3. I'll never look at the name Pokemon XD without thinking of Sapphira, but that won't stop me from buying it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 04:19:20 AM »
That's funny, because I already couldn't think of Pokemon without Sapphira... Pokemon Sapphire...Pokemon Sapphira.

Anyway, yet another great Reggie interview; this time with 1UP.

And another of Beth Llewelyn with GCAdvance, in audio.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 3/10/2005 8:54:50 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
NOOOOOOOO!!!!  Don't let SM128 move to the Revolution!  AAAAUGHH!!!

*runs away screaming maniacally and emotionally, tears streaming from his face as he runs down the street.  People are staring as he lets out shrieks of unhappiness and yells at bushes and spots on the ground about his unfair predicament.  He turns a corner, and the echoes of his screams lessen until they are fully gone after a few minutes.  The community returns to their previous activities, the distressed boy gone from their midst.*

Edited by - Markio on 3/10/2005 8:23:27 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 11:31:24 AM »
Another Reggie interview, this time with Penny Arcade.  Mario Kart DS is confirmed for Q4 '05.

Another Reggie interview, video this time, with Gamespot.

Another Reggie interview, this time with Game Informer.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 3/11/2005 9:23:59 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 10:22:19 PM »
Reggie said:

"We want them to leave feeling that 'Wow, Zelda is going to be a huge hit and I want it now. And I'm going to go to my local retailer and put a deposit for the super premium edition of the game,' which we'll make available."

What could be different/extra in the "super premium edition"?

Also, Nintendo is making a big deal out of not giving a date or even a month for the game's release.  Could it be release during or shortly after E3, or will they wait until the Christmas shopping season?

Edited by - Luigison on 3/15/2005 4:56:33 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 01:38:15 AM »
"NOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't let SM128 move to the Revolution! AAAAUGHH!!!"

It could be better because, you know, they could have more time, ideas, etc. to toy with rather than pushing it like they've done with a billion other games.

When is E3? Like May or something?

ED___it: I like this Reggie dude. He seems to know what he's doing, his hair is cool (LOL), and his excessive minor swearing is quite humourous.

Crap, I forgot my other question. Oh wait.. nevermind. Uh... um:

1st-Party = ???
3rd-Party = ???
^^Differences??^^

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon

Edited by - Trainman on 3/17/2005 12:06:15 AM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 07:54:36 AM »
1st-Party = Games by the console's maker.  Nintendo.
3rd-Party = Games by other companies. Capcom, Square, etc.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 06:42:03 PM »
But i'm not going to get the Revolution so I wouldn't get "the better version" anyway.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 09:53:15 PM »
*cries* Why not?

''THIS IS MY PHONE!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »
I think Mario 128 should be moved to the revolution, because GameCube already has SMS, and just think of all the special features M128 could have on the Revolution.

"We roll tonight, to the guitar bite, and for those about to rock... I salute you."-AC/DC
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 09:43:11 PM »
What?!? I was looking forward to Mario 128! Now it's going to be moved to another system? I don't have enough room for any more systems!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 10:17:02 PM »
Revolution is backwards compatible so you could sell your GameCube to make room.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 12:13:51 AM »
MEGAߥTE saves the day again.

''THIS IS MY PHONE!

Print