Print

Author Topic: Dance Dance Revolution:Mario Mix"ed up"  (Read 7398 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: November 06, 2005, 02:12:26 PM »
Has anyone actually tried DDRMM? I own it, and it's a little too easy on story mode. unless you get hard mode. It's still an awesome game. Yes, I'm a newbie.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:13:33 PM »
I have not and probably will never play a DDR game in my life.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 03:43:48 PM »
If I don't get that game for Christmas it won't be pretty.  Because I'll throw a huge hissy fit! XD

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
Looking for a great way to stay warm this holiday season and also work off some of that egg nog?  DDR: Mario Mix makes a perfect gift.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/9/2005 6:45:51 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »
I love DDR, but the reviews I've read say that DDR: Mario Mix is too easy, has too few songs, and doesn't have a track editor or multi-pad mode.  So I'm not going to buy it.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 04:19:54 PM »
I only own a cube, so if I buy a DDR game, It'll be Mario Mix.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 05:00:45 PM »
What's wrong with DDR, Mr.Wiggles? By the way, if you have a parent begging you to get off your butt and the Gamecube and go get some exercise, get DDR:MM. It's a parent's best friend. Yes, it does have multi-pad option (2 player mode.)

Edited by - Mr.Melee on 11/6/2005 3:02:04 PM
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »
I had only played DDR once before, and I still think it's easy, including most of the Hard songs.  Right now I am just going through Free Mode, getting A's on everything, and the few I have had trouble with are Deep Freeze (the Dr. Mario song), Bowsers Castle, and a few others.  Granted, I can barely get through Very and, for the few I have unlocked, Super hard with out tripping and whacking my head on my dresser.

It's still good practice for when I play the big arcade machines, or I head to my friends house, who has the X-box versions.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
I was referring to the game mode in which a single player dances on multiple pads.  I could try simultaneously dancing on both pads in multiplayer mode, but that would make the game just a bit too HARD - I wouldn't be able to hit four arrows simultaneously.

Edited by - Hirocon on 11/6/2005 3:22:58 PM

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 06:13:27 PM »
DDR:MM is an overall good game. I don't know why the reviews are low. Sure there aren't many songs, but the quality of them are good. Nintendo is trying to introduce newbies to the series and I'm sure MM2 will be better.

The game was developed by Konami, so it might not feel like a usual Mario game.

Seriously, do you really hate Mario Hirocon?

Edited by - Aarom11 on 11/6/2005 4:26:53 PM

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 06:53:18 PM »
No of course not.  I was really looking forward to this game, actually, but I have so many games already and so little time to play them that I'm not going to buy any new game unless I know it's outstanding.  I hope that they make MM2, and I hope it is outstanding.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 07:42:20 PM »
"If I don't get that game for Christmas it won't be pretty. Because I'll throw a huge hissy fit!"

You obviously don't know the true meaning of Christmas. :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 07:55:26 PM »
It's about giving and cheering. Not getting what you want.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 09:51:30 PM »
No, Christmas is definitely about mass commercialization and being spoiled and depression.

At least, in today's times they are.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 09:57:25 PM »
I thought Christmas was a time where you can get together with your family, stuff the kids into the basement and drink all night waking up the next morning and just slacking around.

It's not that i hate DDR, I just think people look really riduculous on those dance pads and I wouldn't be caught dead on one.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 10:15:14 PM »
My name is Lizard Dude, and I was the biggest skeptic of Mario Mix. But then I bought it, and it was excellent. Pretty much the best song list of any DDR I've seen, and Podoboos make 2-player matches INSANE! :o :o :o

Super Hard + Mush Mode = oh it's hard enough.

^ It is an utterly inescapable miasma of pure, mind-shattering MADNESS from which no mind can awake!

Print