Print

Author Topic: You Nostalgia, You Lose  (Read 88888 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
[nostalgia time, please skip over if you want]

Lost to Nostalgia Critic. Nostalgia Critic's pretty much the only reason I go online anymore. Some of the funniest stuff I've seen. I seem to declare each new episode as a favorite - there's not really any poor episodes that I can see. But my favorite was when he ripped apart Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, mentioned there was also Sonic SatAM, said there's no way another Sonic cartoon could possibly be good... then the Sonic SatAM intro rolls. I knew it was coming, but his change to bliss was priceless. And then he gave a glowing review of Sonic SatAM, describing it as pretty much one of the best cartoons ever made (just in that he couldn't really find any flaws about it... except for the infamous Season 2 ending which actually became hilarious when he went through the motions of how disappointed we were to find out the show was cancelled).

That and AVGN, who reviews bad videogames. He has made me aware to avoid games made by LJN (look for the rainbow), but man, it's like he can't help but stumble upon LJN games, they made so many of them. As for Nostalgic Critic, I thought "Garbage Pail Kids" was a bad movie (he convinced me that it's nothing but pain. Heck, just watching five seconds was enough to tell you it was horrible), but then I saw his review of "North"... wow, those stereotypes are pretty bad. Then I saw the review of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles music video thing... I'm not a fan of TMNT, but I know it would burn my childhood dreams if I was. That Splinter costume was unbelievably cheap.

[/end nostalgia]

Yeah, so, I lost. But I'm glad someone lost to Trumpet of the Swan, mwahaha. That was my favorite book from childhood.

The Adventures of TinTin:
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »
That ******* bashed my ultimate nostalgic VHS-compatible memory! :0

DEATH TO NOSTALGIA CRITIC AND TO ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE MY SENTIMENTS AGAINST HIM
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 12:14:55 AM »
Man, I don't think I've disconnected myself far enough from elements of my past to feel nostalgic about any of them. Not that I want to.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 06:07:18 AM »
JESUS CHRIST WEEGEE WHY THE HELL DID YOU LOOK UP SPANKWIRE???

There are some things man was not meant to know.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 06:37:42 AM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:46:58 PM by Deezer »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »
^ That pretty much got me... and maybe the Goosebumps book.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2009, 01:14:43 AM »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2009, 05:11:39 AM »
SO HERE I AM, DOIN' EVERYTHING I CAN

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2009, 08:34:05 AM »
Yep, that would do it all right. First impressions matter, and that first skate park... with that music that is coincidentally the first one heard... that's what sold it for me. Such an upbeat "just go out and do it!" sort of tune. Turns out it's my favorite song from that game (and I only liked a few from it).

Let's see if anyone remembers this.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »
While I definitely approve and remember, I don't think I nostalgia'd. Maybe I just don't have nostalgia sensors.
That was a joke.

MegaSonic

• in rehab
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »
I lost.

I remember playing Crash 3 on my Playstation 1....
Good times.....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:47:17 PM by Deezer »
this is a signature

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »
HAHA

"TIMES"

I see what you did there
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »
Maybe too recent to be considered nostalgia-worthy, but I'd still say I lost before that was even a quarter of the way loaded.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2009, 09:52:46 AM »
I did not nostalgia at all.
every

Print