Print

Author Topic: Best Mario ROM Hacks  (Read 24966 times)

« on: September 21, 2008, 02:03:32 PM »
It would be great if we could compile a list of good Mario hacks...Just so everyone knows what's out there.

Current List:

NES:

Luigi's Chronicles
Mario Adventure
Mario Fantasy Adventure
Mario In: Some Usual Day
Super Mario Forever

SNES:

Brutal Mario
Mario Keytastrophe
Dr. Mario World
Mario is Missing 2: Luigi's New Adventure
Mario Kart R
Panic in the Mushroom Kingdom
Return to Dinosaur Land
Super Demo World: The Legend Continues
Super Mario World Yoshi's Island 2+2
Yoshi's Island: Kameks Revenge
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Super Mario Bros. For Super Players Deluxe
Super Mario Infinity
Toad's World
Mario Illusion World
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:13:13 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »
Also:

NES:

Super Mario Forever (AKA Super Mario Frustration)

SNES:

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (SMW R0M)
Super Mario Bros. for Super Players (SMB2j) Deluxe (SMW R0M)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:39:07 PM »
Keytastrophe (it's awesome enough to warrant another mention)
Super Mario Infinity
Toad's World
Mario Illusion World
There was one called Ramza Neko or something that was pretty cool (reminded me of Legend of the Mystical Ninja), but it apparently doesn't exist anymore.

(all SMW hacks)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 06:06:50 PM »
It would help in the OP to say which hacks are from which games.  Also, if Super Mario Bros. For Super Players Deluxe is referring to peter_ac's hack, then it's called Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels Deluxe.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:19:15 PM »
NES:

Super Mario Bros. 2: Christmas Edition

SNES:

Super Mario World: The Second Reality Project
Kaizo Mario World
Brutal Mario
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Is Missing 2:  Luigi's New adventure
Super Demo World: The Legend Continues
The Ninja Sega

(I'll look for more and then put them on this post)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:28:51 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:52:10 PM »
The list should say "Super Mario Infinity 1 and 2", or something to that effect, since there are two of them. I consider them two halves of the same game, since SMI2 is a direct sequel to the first, so it should be known that there is an SMI2. By the way, I'd like to thank CrossEyed7 for mentioning SMI in the first place (I made them, if any of you didn't know that already).

I would also like to nominate The Tale of Elementia (SMW). Play it. Now.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:39:39 PM »
Plenty of cool ones here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »
(I'll look for more and then put them on this post)
Maybe you should look for fewer.  Almost half the SNES hacks you mentioned were already covered.  Also, it's The Ninji Saga, to make it easier for anyone who wants to look for it since the only link in this thread so far is ShadowBrain linking to a thread.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »
Don't forget Mario vs Airman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxHLEs7CVs
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:37 PM »
I'm actually making 3 right now! My series is called "Weird Mario Bros." My first one that is almost done is Super Weird Mario Bros. World. Then Im making Super Weird Mario Bros. then I made Super Weird Luigi 64 but cancelled that. Just tonight I started Super Weird Mario Bros. 3. They're gonna be cool!

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
Large bump is large bump.  Though it's interesting to see that clearly I wasn't much into hacking when I posted that.  (Then again, Keytastrophe and The New Mario World weren't made yet, IIRC)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »
What about Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Super Mario World hack)? Link goes to AzureBlade's playthrough of a demo of it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:05:34 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:27 AM »
Super Mario RPG Revolution is a very good hack for Super Mario RPG. It adds more depth and challenges !
The developers are still active, here.

And with the recently released Lazy Shell editor, I think we'll see many awesome SMRPG hacks soon. :)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
Brutal Mario is overrated and has too many Yoshi's Island graphics (which NEED to stay in that game).

Super Mario Odyssey was good but it'll never get completed seemingly.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
I would like to nominate Super Mario World 2 Plus 3: The Essence Star. It's a Super Mario World hack and the best I've ever played thus far (well, I haven't played that many, but still). A great and intriguing story, an RPG-like hub, non-linear overworld and levels, incredibly fun theme-focused level design, and just a general really authentic feel. I'm playing through the game right now, and I've just about reached the end.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Print