Print

Author Topic: $145 3DS at Target -- or $179 with Super Mario 3D Land!  (Read 6808 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:56:41 AM »
A few days ago Target started selling the Super Mario 3D Land / Flame Red 3DS bundle for $179.99 -- now they've dropped the price on the stand-alone 3DS to $145.00 and are running a "buy 2 get 1 free" promotion on the games.  With Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario both coming to the 3DS this year, it might be worth taking advantage of this special sale price.  Grab a system and pick up Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 to go with it!  (Kid Icarus: Uprising makes for a fine third title, if you want to take advantage of the sale -- and there's even a Dr. Mario reference in the game's tutorial!)

Link: Target.com - Flame Red 3DS w/ Super Mario 3D Land ($179.99)
Target.com - Aqua Blue 3DS ($145)
Target.com - Cosmo Black 3DS ($145)
Target.com - Flame Red 3DS ($145)
Target.com - Pearl Pink 3DS
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:04:16 AM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »
This was exactly the price drop I needed. I'm grabbing a black 3DS (don't want red because it doesn't match anything else I own except the Wii, which I don't count because it belongs to the family, not just myself), Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and then I'm using the freebie as a fully-paid preorder for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (because free is the only price you could get me to pay to play another one of those games, I'm honestly not interested in Mario Kart or, uh, Pokémon Rumble Blast, a couple of other games I'd be interested in aren't eligible as freebies, and Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy isn't listed on Target's Web site).

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
I want to get my brother one in October for his birthday, so hopefully this becomes a normal thing.

His DS Lite was stolen when he brought it to school a while back, so I think he'd really appreciate it... and he's already taken over our shared 3DS with "Uprising" anyway.
I'm a horrible person.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »
I changed my mind about those other two games I could've gotten as my freebies after doing a bit of research on one of them, remembering how many people here own the other and all the cool stuff they've got going on with this entry in the series, and realizing I actually do want to play multiplayer games on this system, so I just ordered Mario Kart 7 and Pokémon Rumble Blast, and got Kirby Mass Attack as a freebie. I've now spent $330 today for about $500 worth of Nintendo handheld stuff. :D

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »
Target seems to have waived my shipping and tax, probably because they delayed my 3DS order for a week. Cool stuff.

Not cool: my 3DS is currently sitting at a post office seven miles from my house, because it was delivered there by UPS after our mailpeople left for their routes.

Print