Print

Author Topic: You Get Amazed, You Lose  (Read 154320 times)

« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »
OH [dukar] I LOST BAD TO BRIAN/BIRDO

It took some hard looking before I could see the face of a screaming green-haired boy above his actual face.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2009, 07:48:57 AM »
It's obviously not intentional, but that Brian/Birdo thing (at first, I thought Weegee was saying he lost to my last post and something Birdo or Bird Person-related) is... well, the very fact that that comparison can even be made is amazing enough.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2009, 09:00:40 AM »
Post 3460

I lost upon realizing what it was.

I also lost to how many people didn't notice that the bush and cloud sprites are the same in SMB.  I noticed that two days after I got my SMBDX cart...

I understand the wizard thing now, but I don't see a face on top of his head. Just the head-dress..

You didn't notice until SMBDX that the cloud and bush sprites are the same?? I lost to that..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2009, 03:17:02 PM »
I'd never played SMB before I got SMBDX, so two days isn't bad.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
Considering the game's intentionally campy, safe-for-Wii-owner-consumption premise, I think that's a perfectly appropriate box.
every

« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »

« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »
Nothing compared to the 11-minute long one synced to music.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »
No offense, but that one is for noobs. The creator's use of nonexistant custom blocks really killed the point. If it had been kept within the realm of SMW's actual physics, however, that would be another story.

« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »
If it had been kept within the realm of SMW's actual physics, however, that would be another story.

Kind of off-topic, but I just noticed that the second half (at least) had physics similar to an ice level; watch Mario's legs during the ending animation.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
Nothing compared to the 11-minute long one synced to music.
I'm tempted to agree with that literally--as in nothing ever made, period, compared to that.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2009, 10:54:45 PM »
Guys, that was all ice level physics. You can switch that on and off for entire levels.
That was a joke.

« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »
My issue with the undeniably cool eleven-minute opus is that it uses Yoshi-patterned "jump blocks", stone blocks which rocket you in any direction and other elements not included in the actual game. Ice level physics are one thing, but... yeah.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:20:45 PM by Weegee »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »
I don't see why you don't object to hacking the levels, but do object to hacking a couple block textures to make them fit better in the level plan.
Those elements are all native to the game engine; they just look different.
That was a joke.

« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
Mushroom Kingdom cars drive on the left side of the road!

Don't believe me, pop in MKDS or MKWii (not in mirror mode, of course) to prove it!

Print