Print

Author Topic: Mario Changes Professions (Again)  (Read 10981 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

WHAT: Video game icon Mario™ treats unsuspecting New Yorkers to a free cab ride. Mario is in New York to promote Mario Kart Wii, the new Nintendo racing game that features Mario and all of his Mushroom Kingdom buddies. He’s helping commuters race through the city before they get racing with Mario Kart Wii.

Mario Kart Wii launches April 27 and will be packaged with the Wii Wheel accessory, which lets players control the action on the screen just like they were steering a real car. The game also introduces a host of new courses, vehicles and eye-popping battle arenas, plus the ability to compete online with drivers from around the world using Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection.

WHO: Mario, everyone’s favorite Italian plumber, and excited (and grateful) New York commuters

WHEN: Thursday, April 24/8-10 a.m. and 12-2 p.m.

WHERE: Sheraton Hotel

NEWS/VISUALS:

* Mario hailing down cabs for New York commuters
* New Yorkers queuing up for a free cab ride
 * Mario costumed character

I'm sure people will welcome the change from the stereotypical cab driver. At least, I hope they do!

Source: Nintendo PR e-mail
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:02:43 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »
I knew what this thread was about before I read your explanation, but isn't that title going a bit too far? Or rather, isn't it lacking detail?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:38:25 PM by Suffix »

Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »
There, now it's perfect just like you Suffix.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:03:25 PM »
It may just be because Super-Jesse is around, but Mario Kart Wii seems waaaaaaaaay over-hyped.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
I may sound uppity at times, but don't spite me. Especially not by obscuring the news further!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
It may just be because Super-Jesse is around, but Mario Kart Wii seems waaaaaaaaay over-hyped.

I'm trying to avoid as many MKWii posts as possible, but I can't help it if it's the talk of the town.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »
New idea: Next Mario Kart needs to be a Crazy Taxi-style game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 01:37:23 AM »
I just visited this thread for the Robot Chicken reference.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:45:11 AM »
I think that they figure publicity stunts nab the non-gamer better, or something... But, yeah, that game really isn't that much of a leap forward to be publicized as much as it is (I'm getting it and I still think I'll enjoy it, though).

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »
Mario should be a guest host for Cash Cab.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
Mario should be a guest host for Cash Cab.

Yes!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »
I'm trying to avoid as many MKWii posts as possible, but I can't help it if it's the talk of the town.

I think you might need to cut down on the extravagant amount of news posts in general. Half the time it seems like you're grasping at straws for decent news coverage.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
Seems to me like Jesse's just trying to make the Game Blog everyone's one-stop place for Mario related news. It's not really a bad thing, as it provides everyone a place to discuss news on the Fungi Forums-- which is an important function of real forums.

As it turns out, there's a lot of news out there, especially for fan creations. My position on yellow titles stands, however!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 10:26:06 PM »
I think you might need to cut down on the extravagant amount of news posts in general. Half the time it seems like you're grasping at straws for decent news coverage.
Mario news is all good and well, but there has been an influx of pretty insignificant front-page stuff in the last while. It used to be site updates and the releases of certain games... now everytime someone draws a mushroom on something, we get a topic dedicated to it.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 05:01:18 AM »
That's the reason why Latest News and Game Blog are seperate.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print