Print

Author Topic: Wii Fit: Brilliant idea or retarded gimmick?  (Read 13790 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2008, 02:12:58 PM »
...And more challenging.
I wouldn't say so, no.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »
I would. I got 120 stars in Galaxy in about a month, but haven't been able to beat the final castle in SMB3 in years, even on the ridiculously easified SMA4 version. And I don't think I've ever gotten to World 8 in SMB1 without savestates.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 02:30:20 PM »
Well, shoot, SMB takes me less than an hour (without warping). The only level in SMB3 that stands out to me is that fortress in the dark part of World 8 with the conveyor belts and all those doors, and that's where Jugem's Cloud comes in. I've never beaten NES SMB3, but I could if I didn't lose interest and quit. SMB2 is different, and it's just the worst. I don't know why but I've never been any good at either SMB2. But SMB, SMB3 and SMW are just... they're nothing.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 03:25:42 PM »
He's saying that every game released has to be good enough for its worth of $50. True. But he's also saying that he wants a new game every two weeks, which means he's never satisfied with what he has.
Close. What I'm really saying--I suppose I should rephrase myself here--is that Nintendo averages about one or two games published/released a month, if not every other. That being said, I'm not asking for everything they release on the aforementioned schedule to be Game of the Year material--heck, half the games I bought for the GCN were decidely mediocre, but I bought 'em because they were... well, because they were Nintendo (to be honest, I think a lot of my "Nintendo angst" is because I started becoming more "gaming mature", which is to say more discerning in my purchases and better at games--right at the same time as their "revolution"). For the most part,until the DS/Wii era, Nintendo just made games. Not "casual" and "core" and "everybody" games, just games. If one game was easier/"family"-er than the next, it was on a title-by-title basis.

I know I hardly ever come across the way I mean to, so if anyone has anything they want clarified about my stances on issues like this, please ask.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »
Everyone else still does. And last generation Nintendo didn't do so well compared to the competition. I don't know, they're making plenty of money off of people unlike me, I'm still getting plenty of games I like, no one's making me buy the games I don't, and the old classics will be around forever.
It's YOUR problem!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »
It just so happens that SMB1, 2, and 3 combined are in fact shorter than one of the modern Mario platformers.
Even so, one platformer per console isn't enough.

Pretty much all I play are platformers, and I hate having to wait five years between games.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
I want to see new IPs. As fun and comfortable as Pokemon and Mario are, I'd like to see something new by Nintendo, like how they introduced Pikmin, Chibi Robo, Baten Kaitos, Advance Wars and Golden Sun last generation.

So far the only new IPs they've brought out are the Wii ___ series and some edutainment titles. I'm still waiting to see the fate of Disaster and Sadness, who hopefully don't go the way of H.A.M.M.E.R.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 09:13:25 PM »
Chibi Robo, Baten Kaitos, and Golden Sun weren't made by Nintendo. They were just published by Nintendo.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
I would. I got 120 stars in Galaxy in about a month, but haven't been able to beat the final castle in SMB3 in years, even on the ridiculously easified SMA4 version. And I don't think I've ever gotten to World 8 in SMB1 without savestates.
No offense, but that's really not thard hard to do. My 6 year old niece has beaten all three of the original Super Mario games on her Wii.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 10:31:06 PM »
I never got good at SMB3 world 8, myself.
That was a joke.

Print