Print

Author Topic: Want to play me at WarCraft III?  (Read 4125 times)

« on: July 01, 2003, 10:26:19 AM »
Anyone want to play an online game with me today or sometime? Right now, I'd like to play something like:

WarCraft III
StarCraft
Microsoft Zone's Hearts
CashCrazed's Mario Bros.

Preferably WarCraft III. I just got back into it after a long hiatus and am still pretty dang bad and out of practice. Version 1.10 came out yesterday and is fairly big so if you don't have it updated, get on battle.net before hand to download it or show up early enough to get it before we play.

So any takers? Right down your prefered time to play. I'll check this periodically.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 10:29:45 AM »
 Well, out of those, I only play:

StarCraft
 Zone Hearts

And I haven't done either in quite some time. So I'd probably pretty darn bad. As for a prefered time of play, I've got all day, most days. It'd depend more or less on the day, that is, if you wish to play either of those two.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 10:45:22 AM »
Oh yeah, the game list is open to suggestion. Those are only what I thought of that were mainstream (good chance of getting a game with someone) and that I had. I have much more that I could possibly play.

Anyhow, I'm game for a StarCraft match. How 'bout right now?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 10:51:24 AM »
That suits me, I'm always for a good beating.

However, I'll have to ready the B-Net updates and such. Not to mention, I'm unsure if I remember my Log-in. So, that's fine. I'll do all of that while I wait for a response from you.

Which Channel would you like to meet? TMK?

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 10:53:56 AM »
Okay, I'll wait in the channel, "The Confederacy" w/o quotes, of course. :)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 11:01:56 AM »
 Hm, I didn't see you in that channel.

Also, I don't this would affect that, but I am running StarCraft, not Brood War.

Hm, I'll give you my name, so you can message me if you wish: Black-Mage02

That's for USA East. I'll keep checking out "The Confederacy", Minus " ".

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 11:02:43 AM »
Oh, and make sure you're on the U.S. West server. Otherwise you will not be able so see me.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 11:04:57 AM »
On USA West, my name is BlackMage02.

I see you now.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/1/2003 11:42:46 AM

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 01:33:54 PM »
Well folks, it ended up Me: 3 wins Mage: 1 win. He actually won the first game, with a large force of Hydralisks. They overran my slowly built small force and took my base.
In the second game, I rushed him with Zerglings extremely quickly just to reclaim my pride.
In the third game, I beat him after a medium length stalemate with an ingenious two-pronged attack designed to promote confusion within his ranks. Needless to say, it worked.
The fourth game had me scared, because I used a rather unorthodox strategy of not building an army and just collecting massive resources. My small Colony defense held off his initial smaller attacks well enough, with only a few resource bases destroyed. He was massing Dragoons and stopped attacking for a bit. Meanwhile, I had amassed incredible resources and whipped up a batch of 24 Guardians to combat the Dragoon swarm. It worked well, and Lizard Dude casualties were minimal.
All things considered, the games were very fun and Black Mage makes a good opponent. (Especially when I underestimated his definition of "bad.")

I'm still open to playing and look forward to some WarCraft III. Someone?

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 02:57:03 PM »
I won't be available to play again until 15:30 PST (board time). As always, please leave your prefered time and game here.

I'll also try playing:

Freedom Force
Black & White

...but I've never played either of them online before.

EDIT: Make that 15:30 PST

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 7/1/2003 1:59:54 PM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 06:04:31 PM »
 LoL, don't down-play my defeats. You slaughtered me each time. Heh, in the first game, you probably could have killed me early on, had you attacked. No matter. :)

As you had mentioned in the game, Lizard Dude, it would be quite nice if we could get a bunch of the members here together to play a game, or chatroom, or what not.

However, other people will have to post in this topic, for something like that to happen. XD

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2003, 10:28:21 PM »
Hear that people? Even just a chat session!

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 02:20:20 PM »
So I take it a bunch of members don't want to game or go to a chat room someday?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 11:27:25 PM »
You play Homeworld?
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 01:13:57 PM »
No. You play Jazz Jackrabbit 2?

Print