Print

Author Topic: The Hero's Blood  (Read 18499 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2003, 06:27:55 PM »
ARRG! Stupid double post, why can't you be more like double cheese on a pizza.Mmmm. double cheese.

Spill the blood of the innocent!!! Then clean it before it makes a mess!

Edited by - Bluto on 4/29/2003 5:36:46 PM
Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 07:02:51 PM »
I love it!  I can't make nay specific predictions, but perhaps...characters from Zelda will show up?  And the meteor shower will have something to do with their arrival?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2003, 08:40:49 PM »
Heheh...I made a double post too on my story. Very annoying cuz of the length. Anyhoo, it's coming along nicely. :)
I won't make any predictions...yet...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2003, 09:30:15 PM »
I'm going to make a lot of predictions. Most will be wrong, but whatever. You've done a great job with the story thus far, and I can hardly wait to see what will happen next!

PS: I refuse to say my predictions yet. That is, unless they're right. Heh heh heh...

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2003, 10:27:58 PM »
That's what I *meant*. Of course I make predictions! I do it just about any story (or VG). I meant that I wasn't gonna post them, well, cuz I don't ponder too deeply at the beginning of stories. Once the plot line gets going...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2003, 01:34:55 PM »
Hooray! Hooray! the kids all say! The month of May starts today! Now that thats out of my system, you should all know that I am currently re-typing chapter 3 and unless I'm kidnapped, stuffed in a giant bag, and buried in a field, I'll have it posted tonight. Soon, the words "Hero's Blood" wiil make sense!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2003, 03:15:02 PM »
Woohoo! ^_^

--------------------

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2003, 07:15:48 PM »
ARRG! Yesterday was kind of a disaster. I was about to post my next chapter, but I didn't feel it flowed well, so I ended up going back, changing a few things, and split it up into two different chapters. Then, it started to storm really bad, and the internet kept disconnecting so I couldn't get on long enough to post. So here we go, a day behide.
Chapter 3
The Party Begins

Mario and Luigi walked in silence thought the streets of the Mushroom Kingdom. Luigi had a lot on his mind, wondering about his dream, thinking about Daisy. What Luigi didn’t realize was that Mario had a lot on his mind too.

“Hey Luigi?”

It took him a moment to realize he was being talked to.

“Huh? Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about things.” he was trying hard not to bring up his dream to Mario. “What is it?”

“I have something to ask you... something kind of important.”

Now Luigi was intrigued. What could Mario possibly be so serious about. Luigi looked at Mario, with wonder in his eyes.

“Will you be my best man when I get married?”

“Sure Mario, whenever you decide to get married, you can bet I’ll be your best man.” “Why do you ask?”

Mario pulled a small box out of his pocket, ”Because I’m asking Peach if she’ll marry me, tonight.

Luigi was elated. He knew they were in love,  and they would be very happy together.
“Mario, that’s great! I know Peach will say yes! What time are you asking her?”

“Right before the meteor shower starts, I’m going to pull her aside and pop the question. Nothing could possibly ruin it.”

Little did Mario know that he wasn’t the only one with big plans.
Peach’s castle was in Bowser’s sight. The sounds of talking and laughter from the castle’s patio echoed through the evening sky.

“Remember the plan,” Bowser radioed to the para-troopa squad accompanying his clown copter, “we land on the roof, eavesdrop on the party, and when those simpletons are watching the meteor shower, we grab Peach, and make a run for it.”

“Understood, sir!”

Unaware of Bowser’s evil plot, the partygoers were having a great time. Luigi was talking with Daisy, the other guests were mingling, and Mario was finishing his piece of the cake Peach had baked for him.

“Wow Peach, this is the best cake I’ve ever eaten!”

Peach giggled, ”You say that every time I bake a cake.”

“Really, well your cake tastes better every time I eat it.

“Thank you. I’m really looking forward to the meteor shower tonight, aren’t you?”

Mario gulped at those words. He quickly checked his pocket to make sure the ring was still there.

“ Oh yeah, I have a feeling this meteor shower is going to be really special.”

The sky began to fill with stars and everyone was getting ready for the meteor shower. Peach was motioning for Mario to take a seat next to her.

“Hey Peach, can I talk to you real quick?” Mario asked, his voice slightly cracking.

Peach was wondering what could Mario have to say that would warrant privacy. She met him over by the doorway where he was standing. Mario's stomach was full of butterflies. His pace quickened as Peach approached.

*This is it!* Mario though,*One of the most important moments of life!*

Little did he know that Bowser was eavesdropping from the other side of the doorway.

“Peach,” he began, taking her hand in his, “we’ve been through a lot together and we have gotten to know each other really well, and I can honestly say that not a minute goes by that I don’t think about you. I love more than words can say.

“Oh Mario, I love you too. I fell in love with you the day we met. You mean everything to me.

The red-clad plumber gathered up all his courage, took the small box out, and knelt, his heart beating a mile a minute.

“Peach, will you marry me?”

He opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

Peach gasped, her heart skipping a beat. She stood staring at him for a moment, her eyes welling up with tears of joy.

“Of course I’ll marry you.”

Mario slowly put the ring on her delicate finger, and they embraced, tears of joy and love streaming down their faces.

Everybody began to cheer, for they had been watching the entire time. It was a very joyous event for everybody...

except for one.

“Marriage!?!” Bowser yelled.

“Sir, your voice, we’ll be discovered!” his troops whispered.

Bowser made a threatening gesture towards the koopa but forced himself to calm down, he decided to wait it out, and play out his plan by ear.

That's all for now.The next chapter should explain "Hero's Blood", I promise. Let me know your thoughts, predictions, concerns, anything, at all.
P.S. Don't worry, I wasn't kidnapped, stuffed in a big bag, and burried alive like my post from yesterday suggested I would be.

Edited by - Bluto on 5/2/2003 7:01:21 PM

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2003, 09:20:55 AM »
Uhhhh... did anybody read the last chapter yet? I didn't get to work chapter 4 yesterday because I went to and saw "X2" it was cool. I'll try to get chapter 4 up tonight. Who knows what will happen next! Bwa ha ha ha ha... uhhh...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2003, 11:42:00 PM »
I'm reading. Sorry, I've been gone so I didn't get a chance to read this chapter 'til now. I really like it so far.
It's interesting the number of parallels it has with the beginning of my story. I'd like to see what you end up doing with it. Anyway, please continue. :)

--------------------

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2003, 01:28:51 PM »
Yay! Hey! I know Sapphira was gone this weekend, but where was everybody else.(sighs) I guess nobody else likes me. I'm just kiddin' :D . Anyway, hopefully chapter 4 for tomorrow.

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2003, 02:55:49 PM »
Hey great story so far Bluto. Why don't you post the next chapter now, it's been 10 days!

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2003, 03:25:31 PM »
That's easier said than done, believe me. It's been 10 days since *I* posted a chapter in my story, too. It takes a long time to get all that writing typed, edited, revised, and then posted.
...Just one... more... scene left... until... Ch 13... ready... Need... more... time...

--------------------

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2003, 06:03:39 PM »
Heheh...No wait, it's been *14* days... 10 days since anyone's replied. Heheheh... Almost half a month. Wow. I'm in trouble... x_x

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/15/2003 5:04:17 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2003, 08:03:52 PM »
Yea, come on guys! The longest time -I- spent between chapters is only 6 days! I mean... come on! I'm still waiting...

(And yes, I'm still reading.)

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Print