Print

Author Topic: Fungi High  (Read 119029 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 05:38:03 PM »
"I’m going to make your life a living DKVine." :D Now THERE's an obscure joke!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »
Okay, Led. I'll ask nicely.
Can I be in the next chapter?

Sure thing. Hey, and thanks for all the support guys.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 07:11:32 PM »
It's been a while since I've read such a creative idea. Keep up the good work.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 08:05:48 PM »
New characters: Nathan Paper (PaperLuigi), Bud Wig (Ludwig). I think you'll like the new chapter, but as always, say if you want to be added into the story (nicely, though).

Chapter Four
Ted was lying on a stiff, uncomfortable cot in the nurse’s office. He had barfed up lots, or as Janitor Dayton had lightly put it, “Blew chunk city”. Ted didn’t really want to be here in the nurse’s office. He felt fine; it had been over half-an-hour since he had dissected the goomba. He stared blankly at the ceiling, and then turned to his side and saw another sickly thin-looking kid, with enormous glasses. He was paper thin! Ted looked at the kid’s materials to see who he was. On a large textbook cover Ted read the name Nathan Paper.

“Hey, Nathan,” Ted impulsively said.

Nathan looked up and squinted, “Oh, let me guess; you are one of Lavador’s cronies waiting to kick the snot out of me.”

“No, no, no,” Ted exclaimed, “I hate that kid! Did he beat you up or something?”

“Oh, he has,” Nathan replied, “just because I’m short and buy unnecessarily expensive calculators.”

“Someone really has to teach that kid a lesson,” Ted said.

Riiinnnngggg the bell chimed. It was time for period four. Ted had completely missed gym, and it was time for him to go to lunch. He quickly walked towards the door.

“Hey, wait a minute, mister,” came the nurse.

“What,” Ted groaned.

“You’re not sick anymore?”

“Yes, Nurse J. J.”

“Okay, you head off to lunch now, ya hear?”

“Ugh…yes…I will.”

“Ahh, lunch. A delicious symphony of our beautiful five food groups,” droned Nurse J. J.

Ted sighed and pushed open the door, and mumbled something about boring school nurses. He rushed down the hall, hoping not to run into Lavador or any of the kids that made fun of him for barfing. Then Nerd Person walked up next to him.

“Heard you’ve been having a rough first day,” he said, “going to the principal’s office, barfing in the hall, and then vandalizing the bathrooms.”

“WHAT,” Ted shouted, “THAT NEVER HAPPENED!”

“I thought so,” Nerd Person said, “I heard it from Patricia Peach. She’s a prolific talker! She makes up so many rumors it’s not funny!”

“Great,” Ted said, “in the first day here, I’ve yelled at by authority, laughed at by peers, and now there’s a rumor going around about me.”

“Don’t worry,” Nerd Person exclaimed as they continued walking down the hall, “everything hates a n00b!”

“Boy, that really makes me feel better, Nerd Person.”

“Any time, Zeplinbarfs! See ya,” he replied as Ted took a turn into the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was a great big room filled with white, shinning lunch tables, and talkative kids. There was a serving area at the back where all the lunch staff were serving whatnot to all the students. Ted looked about for a place to sit. He ended up sitting next to a few kids he didn’t know. It was awkward the first few minutes.

“Hey,” shouted the kid sitting across from Ted, “it’s that one kid who upchucked in the hall! You’re already famous, and it’s your first day!”

The kids around him chuckled and snorted, and Ted modestly replied, “Yeah, that was me.”

“Hey, don’t worry, Chunk-Boy, I don’t think it’s really that big of a deal,” he said, “it’s just that that preppy girl, Patricia Peach made a big deal out of it.”

“Yeah, I need to have a word with this Patricia girl,” Ted cringed.

“By the way,” said the kid across from Ted, “my name’s Bud. Bud Wig.”

Ted chuckled at the name, and Bud replied, “Yep, it’s a funny name. Just like your mom…um…yeah…your mom. So, also good job with the vandalism! Way to step up to authority!”

“Um, that wasn’t…”

“Man, you’re like our savior for doing that vandalism in the bathroom,” Bud exclaimed, “me and my buddies here devote entire hall passes to covering the water fountains with paste, and that kind of stuff.”

Ted thought a little bit. He had two choices: one, he could tell the truth, and day that he really didn’t do the vandalism. Or two, he could lie and say he did, and make a few new friends.

“Oh, yeah! B-best vandalism I ever d-did,” Ted stuttered.

Soon afterwards, the Ted and his new friends were released to get some lunch. Ted got some casserole, some chips, a muffin, and milk. And spent the rest of the lunch chomping away at the delicacies. He walked out of the lunchroom with Bud Wig and his other new friends.

“Hey Teddy-Boy,” Bud said, “You’re officially omitted into my secret club, the Vandalismers! We just go around destroying school property. I mean, you kind of, like, proved yourself by destroying that bathroom, and yet, as far as I know, you have ducked out of all punishment!”

“Um…er,” Ted said uncertainly, playing a game of tug-of-war between morals and peer pressure, “yeah, I’ll join your club.”

“Good,” Bud beamed, “tonight after school, go to the Fungi High football field outside. We’re going to do the greatest vandalism of all time, just to stick it to Principal Deezer!”

The peer pressure won the tug-of-war.   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 08:21:17 PM by ledzeppelinrocks »

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »
This is turning out better than I expected!  I love the variety of the characters, how you make them so unique and memorable in their own ways.  I'm looking forward to the next chapter! 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »
I can't wait to see what happens next... I only just noticed Bud Wig was Ludwig... XD
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2006, 06:20:20 AM »
Let me guess... they're going to burn something into the football field, then salt it so the grass can't grow back?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »
Aye! El Lavador hate detention! (oh and thanx for adding me!)

Detention teacher: What comes after a 190 Lavador?
El Lavador:.................uh.............................a................uh.............. 290?
I am Doc. Cann.E.Bol. I am a cannibal?! Huh! Who knew?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 04:13:49 PM »
When will I make an appearance, just wondering out of curiosity?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006, 08:31:43 PM »
Probably next chapter, it's just so hard to fit everyone in.

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2006, 11:34:41 PM »
May I Join?
(heh... dont rush to add me... I can wait!)
^.^ really good thread!
Wheee...

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2006, 07:07:47 AM »
Yes, Bravo! Bravo!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2006, 10:05:26 AM »
Haha, Patricia Peach, haha, pt_peach, haha, I'll shut up now.

Good job! Keep it up, er, Hyrulian! You still like Led Zeppelin, though, right, you immigrant?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2006, 11:01:26 AM »
Hahhahahaha! This is my first time reading this but's it's hilarious! Patricia Peach and Nerd Person and Mr. Lizard! This is a riot. I can't wait to hear the word he has for Patricia XD ROFL
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 09:38:04 AM »
Aye! El Diablo ready for big trap planned for him!

Print