Print

Author Topic: Welcome to the new Fungi Forums  (Read 170368 times)

« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
I do not like them.  The moderators agree.  Therefore they are banned.

« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2008, 03:34:51 PM »
I do not like them.  The moderators agree.  Therefore they are banned.

I'm having a hard time believing that. :\
No image sigs? =(

« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
I personally hate forums with image sigs. It takes way too long to scroll down the page and it's distracting.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #348 on: August 16, 2008, 05:45:01 PM »
What about the line restriction on sigs? The two-line limit has been around since the old forum software, which was fair enough because the sig text was the same size as the other text in the post, but now it's smaller and we have the same limit? Surely we could fit three or maybe even four lines of sig in roughly the same amount of space as the old restriction, which can really give freedom in posting quotes, song lyrics, etc, meaning we don't have to resort to strange line layouts to get our point across.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »
I personally hate forums with image sigs. It takes way too long to scroll down the page and it's distracting.

True.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2008, 06:06:26 PM »
What's the deal with sigs anyway? Who came up with them? Why do we use them? You read the user's sig once, and if it's good, you laugh think about it, get angry that it has forced you to breathe manually, etc. If it's retarded (this space for rent, I have no sig, signature goes here, under construction, etc.) you groan. It's pretty easy to skip over a small signature a line or two long. Flashy images between posts are pretty distracting. In the past some users have attached completely irrelevant images to their posts, and what happened? It ticked everyone off.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
The two-line limit has been around since the old forum software
No, it hasn't, though to be honest I wish it had so that some of my old incredibly horrible and incredibly long sigs couldn't exist. Ditto for the code stripping.

get angry that it has forced you to breathe manually
Mwahahahaha.

Image sigs are horrible. EM and the mods agree, so they're banned.

« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »

That's the purpose of size limits. :\
No image sigs? =(

« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »
If you don't like it that the forum doesn't have image sigs, you either put up with it or leave.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
What's the deal with sigs anyway? Who came up with them? Why do we use them? You read the user's sig once, and if it's good, you laugh think about it, get angry that it has forced you to breathe manually, etc. If it's retarded (this space for rent, I have no sig, signature goes here, under construction, etc.) you groan. It's pretty easy to skip over a small signature a line or two long. Flashy images between posts are pretty distracting. In the past some users have attached completely irrelevant images to their posts, and what happened? It ticked everyone off.

Get the gun, we got an individual thinker.

Anyway, how about we get avatars?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »
If you change the layout preference, your profile picture will be your avatar. I've been using the second layout preference for quite a while.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »
But! The only layouts that show avatars are white wastelands that also show smiley graphics. It's just another thing on the to-do list, to create a default theme lookalike with avatars enabled. For the curious, I have checked to see if I had the power to do that. I don't.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
Well, it's a good idea at the very least.

I just like avatars and signatures because about 75% of the funniest quotes and looping animations I can recall seeing on the internet were from them on various sites.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2008, 06:30:23 AM »
Speaking of layouts, why is the ff layout there? Its just a copy of the default theme. Why not delete it?

« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2008, 06:32:30 AM »
No, it hasn't, though to be honest I wish it had so that some of my old incredibly horrible and incredibly long sigs couldn't exist. Ditto for the code stripping.

Whoops, my bad. Could've sworn it was... regardless, there'd still probably be room for a three/four-line sig without overly hindering one's post-viewing experience.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print