Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 141239 times)

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 11:42:16 PM »
Sorry, I have an ongoing grudge against Oddish. Long story.

But, what's up with all these baby Pokemon? Most of them don't even serve a purpose, except for Pichu (who, if Pikachus/Raichus breed with a Light Ball held, can learn Volt Tackle, one of the best electric moves in the game). They drive me INSANE. Baby Pokemon from the beginning are okay, but... yeah, sorry, I'm just in a bit of a weird mood right now.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 07:10:43 AM »
The Baby Pokemon are mostly to get more younger kids interested. Kids like cute and cuddly creatures. Me too. ^_^ Although you gotta admit, Elekid ain't that cute.

Oh, wait! Baby Pokemon serve another purpose! If it weren't for Wynaut, Wobbuffet wouldn't learn Splash, Charm or Encore, all of which are p-o-c's, but I'm makin' a point here! Baby Pokemon usually keep some moves the evolved forms would never learn when they evolve. Oh yeah, Jess made a point!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 12:14:31 AM »
Neither's Magby. What is that thing, anyway? I don't get it. Kyogre is cuter than Magby and Elekid. :P

XD Why would you want to teach a Wobbuffet Splash, anyway? Magikarp is the only Pokemon that reveals the true potential of Splash, mainly because Magikarp are awesome and highly difficult to train at times.

Anyway, that's my two cents. *Goes to catch more Magikarp*

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2006, 08:28:36 PM »
I dunno why, it's an example. And don't go dissin' Magby. Lemme check some stuff... *gets out Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen book* Smoochum can learn Ice Punch and other things that Jynx can't. Elekid can learn Rolling Kick and other things that Electabuzz can't. And Magby can learn Thunderpunch, what a shocker... Yes, that bad pun was intended.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
Man, I really can't say anything in this topic without insulting anyone. Aaagh...

BTW, Jynx learns Ice Punch in all the versions- R/B/Y at 31, all the others at 25. For now, I'm just gonna stop saying stuff like this.

*Dodges Thunderpunching Magby*

Anyway, I've revised my Emerald team... here it is.

Sceptile (Lvl 50)
Return/Leaf Blade/Aerial Ace/Pursuit

Raichu (Lvl 41)
Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Dig/Strength

Solrock (Lvl 41)
Secret Power/Overheat/Psychic/Rock Slide

Gyarados (Lvl 38)
Surf/Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Earthquake

Golbat (Lvl 40)
Shadow Ball/Wing Attack/Confuse Ray/Air Cutter

Sharpedo (Lvl 34)
Rock Smash/Crunch/Slash/Waterfall

Got rid of Doduo, it annoys me. -_-'

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
BTW, Jynx learns Ice Punch in all the versions- R/B/Y at 31, all the others at 25. For now, I'm just gonna stop saying stuff like this.

It does?!?! My official game guide said it don't, and this is comin' from Nintendo Power. I guess even the greatest of us make mistakes. ... Not meanin' me, of course, I'm not that conceited, I meant NP.

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2006, 10:35:24 PM »
The official game guide? Yeah, that makes a fair few mistakes. It says to use Pikachu against Graveller, etc. For movesets, always use www.psypokes.com - it's got a full Pokedex with stats, locations, moves, and even recommended movesets.

BTW, attached is an example of my first Netbattle. So proud. ^_^

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2006, 10:51:50 AM »
I'm trying to humanize all of the Pokemon. I'm almost halfway there. ^_^

Jman

• Score
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2006, 05:03:55 PM »
I beat Pokemon Blue once.  Then, my brother took the game and assaulted it with his BB gun. 

My favorite team of Pokemon that I owned was (I remember not the levels they were at.)

1. Voltorb
2. Raichu (by way of the thunderstone)
3. Blastoise (my starter Pokemon)
4. Clefairy
5. Haunter
6. Poliwrath
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2006, 05:50:18 PM »
BB gun? Whoa. *winces*

Anyway, I'm getting LeafGreen soon, and I've already planned my team. Et, voila!

Blastoise (starter)
Raichu
Alakazam/Mewtwo
Arcanine
Eevee (^_^)
Snorlax/Chansey/Tauros

Bellylax, anyone? *evil grin*

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »
Woah! I picked a Squirtle on LeafGreen! That means we'll both have Blastoises!

I have never beaten a Pokemon game in my life. I'm pathetic.

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »
That's because you always restart after the last Gym! My advice- go up against the Elite 4, try to win. If you lose, you lose a bit of money, but if you manage to take down a few Pokemon, you get a handy bit of EXP. If you win, save then tackle the next member.

BTW, I'm gonna name my Blastoise 'Bathtoys' after I saw it on a Pokemon forum. Oh, and I want to play at least one of you in Netbattle!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »
 I'm not sure how many of you guys have heard of this, but there is a program that allows you to battle your Pokémon online. It's called Pokémon NetBattle.

I've used it in the past, but not since it was updated. It was a swell little program, with a large volume of players, many of which who were well experienced. I'll certainly vouch for the validity and quality of the program.

It's possible to set up your own server, so if enough of you were interested, you could start up your own TMK server to battle each other with.  I'm not sure where I had first learned of this program, and it very well might have been this very forum. If that is the case, feel free to ignore this post and continue using the program. In either case, have fun.

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »
I'd be more than willing to set up a TMK server... except, I forgot to install the Server tools for it.

BTW, my username is now Metal Mewtwo Mitch. I usually go to Bleepland, Pokerealm or Smogon. Hopefully I can try and get a TMK server up soon. That is, if it's okay with the staff... *makes an expression that resembles a puppy*

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2006, 04:14:18 PM »
I never gave my pokemon nicknames, but on one of my blue versions, I gave them all nicknames, so... yeah.  They're all kinda cutesy, but then again, so am I.

Flareon - FAWKSIE: last-minute thinking, wanted a name like "foxy", but spelled differently.
Pidgeotto - KALA: the name of a parakeet my family used to have.
Graveler - RUMBLY: well, I think it's cute...
Kingler - CLAWSY: I think this name is cute too... 'cause he's got those big ol' clawsies!
Kadabra - QUASAR: Remembering the star on his forehead, I wanted a name that sounds celestial.
Ivysaur - SPIKE: Venusaur reminds me of Spike from The Land Before Time.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print